Register to Comment
Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Like Tree555Likes

Why the change of heart (allowing the discussion of Weinstein)?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by occams_butterknife View Post
    Sadly, I don't think it will, because besides the mighty advertising dollar there is a lot of cross-ownership between the media and the movie companies; e.g. Disney owning ABC, ESPN, and having interests in many newspapers through its partnership with Hearst Corp. Or Time Warner...

Or 20th Century Fox

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_..._United_States
    Yeah, maybe.But considering it's only a couple of days since story broke and the star wattage involved, things could still go seriously pear-shaped. Brand Hollywood is badly tarnished and just like RCC, they're might not be a way back.

Quote Originally Posted by blinding View Post
    Could an Actress now admit that Harvey Weinstein did not abuse his position / try it on with her ?

Two already have, Lindsay Lohan and the one time girlfriend of Hugh Grant, her of the safety pin dress.

Both have come out saying they never had a problem with him.

Neither had stellar careers in the movie world, make of that what you will.

Could an Actress now admit that Harvey Weinstein did not abuse his position / try it on with her ?
    Dame Judy Dench and Jennifer Lawrence have already said as much but still condemned his behaviour. This is nothing new in Hollywood unfortunately the "Gay for Pay" and "casting couch" culture is well documented going back to the days of the Golden Age.

I'd say a lot of Hollywood big wigs are pi$$ing their pants about who will be named and shamed next.

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Two already have, Lindsay Lohan and the one time girlfriend of Hugh Grant, her of the safety pin dress.

Both have come out saying they never had a problem with him.

Neither had stellar careers in the movie world, make of that what you will.
    To be fair Lohan was on her way to having a very good career (she is a pretty talented actress IMO) before her personal problems got the better of her and Liz Hurley did alright considering she was a model turned actress with not a lot of screen presence. I think Hurley ran afoul of SAG at one point and that pretty much finished her career.

Given that we're now allowed to discuss this issue (I think), I did an OP on the role of Investigative Journalism and its difficulties etc, with particular reference to this case:

Ronan Farrow & The Challenge of "Investigative Journalism"

You think none of them are not powerful homosexual men abusing their position .

I knew of one Subby in London that had a young Polish lad to do some gardening on a saturday . I ‘ll put it this way , the Subby had different planting and seeding lined up for the young Polish Lad than he was expecting .

There are more homosexuals in the building industry than you might expect . Standing watching fit young men working , bending and stretching may be an attraction to homosexuals .

Not that I have anything against homosexuals , just telling it as it is .
    Brings a entirely new meaning to Builders Providers.

I think we've a few here working in the game needless to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    That's exactly what my better half said to me this morning after watching another update with more well-known names claiming to have been harassed.

If this has been going on for so long, and so many people knew about it - and they must have because Hollywood is America's most gossipy village - why did nobody highlight it? Either one of his victims or somebody close to them?

Instead we have a bunch of attention seekers who may or nay not merit the attention they're now getting having hopped aboard a moving train.

The guy is obviously a pest with a sexual behaviour problem but the sisterhood has let its members down.
    It has been going on in Hollywood for years - Weinstein is just the latest practitioner in a long line of sexual predators running the major studios usually old men exploiting young actors and actresses for their own perverted sexual gratification both Marilyn Monroe and James Dean were subjected to having to give sexual favours for jobs.

Dean once referred to the practice as "giving head, to get ahead".

When the scale of this is fully revealed the career casualties will be high.

Quote Originally Posted by Degeneration X View Post
    It has been going on in Hollywood for years - Weinstein is just the latest practitioner in a long line of sexual predators running the major studios usually old men exploiting young actors and actresses for their own perverted sexual gratification both Marilyn Monroe and James Dean were subjected to having to give sexual favours for jobs.

Dean once referred to the practice as "giving head, to get ahead".

When the scale of this is fully revealed the career casualties will be high.
    I bet they are all avowed feminists

Page 11 of 79 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment