Register to Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes

Quote Originally Posted by tsarbomb View Post
    If there's hunger in that country it's certainly hidden very well.
    Not really.

Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by dizillusioned View Post
    Don't believe that. A few examples that you would NEVER see in the press here:

1. Local food bank. Thursday morning from 8 to 11 is food bank morning in my town. The queues are enormous. People are going hungry. You may think that the USA is a rich country. It is in certain respects, but those who cannot survive are starving. One job does not mean you can survive and there are many people in my locality who work two or three jobs to make ends meet.

2. LA. A simple drive in downtown LA or the drive into LA will show slums on overpasses that are reminiscent of Africa or Brazil. This just a few blocks away from multimillion dollar homes and glitz and glamour.

3. Chicago garages around Randolph Street. Walk in any street the homeless are everywhere. Randolph area/Grant Park garages are filled in winter with homeless trying to stay warm. Despite paying them to move to another State (in recent history)

4. Local Bank Teller. A friend at this stage who works in the bank, also works in Walmart. Has two kids and husband is disabled. She recently admitted that they are struggling. She sometimes goes without eating so the kids can eat. Two jobs, yet is struggling...

USA is a great country if you have money.... but dont be fooled, there is significant poverty in many areas.
    Thank you for bringing some sanity - and humanity - to the discussion.

Twitter
    @

Has the OP recently turned forty?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_anderson View Post
    Not hidden.
    Just encased in rolls of fat.
    If I was in a glasshouse I wouldn't be throwing stones.

Ireland still 'on course to become the most obese nation in Europe'

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/heal...orst-1.2594266

This link (from April 2016) pours cold water on the notion that Ireland will become the most obese country in the EU. Ireland will only become the second fattest nation behind our neighbors, the UK. oh Wait, aren't they leaving the EU?

FactCheck: Is Ireland really one of the world's most obese countries?

In 2025, Ireland will have the second-highest rate of adult obesity in the EU, at 37.65%, narrowly behind the UK (37.7%).
    So the claim that we will be “the most obese” country in Europe by 2025 is technically FALSE, but you could very reasonably argue that, after rounding the numbers, our predicted prevalence will essentially be the same as the UK’s.

Quote Originally Posted by The_SR View Post
    Ireland's premier political discussion site strikes again.
    And Ireland premier virtue signaller arrives on cue

Quote Originally Posted by TedHankey View Post
    I actually carry a salter digital scales with body fat analyser round town with me. Ain't nobody gettin my sympathy unless they are in shape. Oh you want some change do ya? Up on the scales then...
    Hopefully karma will catch up with you and you die roaring.

Quote Originally Posted by popular1 View Post
    And Ireland premier virtue signaller arrives on cue
    Ireland's premier Nazi spouts his usual bull.

Quote Originally Posted by flavirostris View Post
    The begging letters tell the story. Political correctness is going out of fashion. At least people are not willing to pay for it anymore.

The paper that in 2011 dismissed the idea that grooming was primarily a muslim problem.
    You mean like the priests/bishops in catholic Ireland. Go polish your jackboots.

Quote Originally Posted by dizillusioned View Post
    Don't believe that. A few examples that you would NEVER see in the press here:

1. Local food bank. Thursday morning from 8 to 11 is food bank morning in my town. The queues are enormous. People are going hungry. You may think that the USA is a rich country. It is in certain respects, but those who cannot survive are starving. One job does not mean you can survive and there are many people in my locality who work two or three jobs to make ends meet.

2. LA. A simple drive in downtown LA or the drive into LA will show slums on overpasses that are reminiscent of Africa or Brazil. This just a few blocks away from multimillion dollar homes and glitz and glamour.

3. Chicago garages around Randolph Street. Walk in any street the homeless are everywhere. Randolph area/Grant Park garages are filled in winter with homeless trying to stay warm. Despite paying them to move to another State (in recent history)

4. Local Bank Teller. A friend at this stage who works in the bank, also works in Walmart. Has two kids and husband is disabled. She recently admitted that they are struggling. She sometimes goes without eating so the kids can eat. Two jobs, yet is struggling...

USA is a great country if you have money.... but dont be fooled, there is significant poverty in many areas.
    That's correct you can be hungry in a rich country
    I used to wonder when I was young how some countries were called poor
    Yet when I saw their leaders on to they all looked very rich and the
    Best of cars etc and looked very healthy and well fed

Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Ireland's premier Nazi spouts his usual bull.
    Such a childish response
    The only thing I know about nazi is I hear you saying the name a lot
    Wonder why that is

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment