Register to Comment
Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree322Likes

Fintan goes full libtard.

It has has been noted that Ireland's pseudo-liberal media elite seems to be undergoing some kind of collective breakdown. Yet this piece by the Irish Times theatre critic Fintan O'Toole takes batshít liberal crazy to whole a new level. It's almost embarrassing to draw attention to it.

Fintan has had visions. And he saw Nazis. Lots of Nazis. Everywhere, Nazis.

Fintan O’Toole: the alt-right is old fascism in new clothes

History is a zero sum game – either we subjugate them or they will subjugate us. The alt-right takes this social Darwinist mindset directly from classic fascism. Its logic, now as in the 1930s, is eliminationist: they must go and if they won’t go we have to get rid of them.
    Fourth, there is the sexual pathology. Fascism reeks of male self-pity. It has always been deeply attractive to men who are insecure about their own sexuality and in particular their relationships to women. It is a magic formula for transforming the sexual neurotic into a man-god. The alt-right world is a masturbatory fantasy in which men who are afraid of women get to assert absolute power over them.
    Fifth, there is the devotion to lies. Fascists have always understood that lying is not just (as it is for many conventional politicians) a tactic. It is a strategy. It is not merely about evading an inconvenient reality. It is about constructing a whole new “reality”. Alt-right should properly be alt-reality. Its primary business is the construction of a parallel world that looks like its own dark fantasies. Again, this justifies a special hatred for anyone who can challenge this construct: decadent eggheads, experts, the lamestream media. The playbook for this strategic lying has been updated for the social media age but the 1930s first editions are still the templates.
    I'm not sure, but I think the "paper of record" is saying the alt-right are looking to commit genocide. Because they can't get laid. That seems to be the gist of it.

Politics.ie lis beginning to look sane by comparison.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Fintan the Toole has pretty well summed up the right wing shrills on here.

He's clearly getting more ''triggered'' with Trumps impending inauguration. Bless his little cotton socks.

Long time since I read a decent article from O'Toole but he's spot-on here. And like Levellers said it's a brilliant description of all the angry far-right lunatics on p.ie, especially the sexual dysfunction part!

Quote Originally Posted by SideysGhost View Post
    Long time since I read a decent article from O'Toole but he's spot-on here. And like Levellers said it's a brilliant description of all the angry far-right lunatics on p.ie, especially the sexual dysfunction part!
    Projection much?

I think he sounds pathetic. Is the alt right a threat? I really dont know. Did they help Trump get elected-probably. Is Trump a threat to democracy? No evidence yet.
    When a man of letters like Fintan is reduced to bringing up masturbation then you know he has had an attack of the vapers.

Would you ever fµck off with the "libtard" crap?

As I said before alt right and spuc on one side ........ Mulally O'Toole O'Gorman Bacik etc on the other
    A plague on both of them

Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    It has has been noted that Ireland's pseudo-liberal media elite seems to be undergoing some kind of collective breakdown. Yet this piece by the Irish Times theatre critic Fintan O'Toole takes batshít liberal crazy to whole a new level. It's almost embarrassing to draw attention to it.

Fintan has had visions. And he saw Nazis. Lots of Nazis. Everywhere, Nazis.

Fintan O’Toole: the alt-right is old fascism in new clothes

I'm not sure, but I think the "paper of record" is saying the alt-right are looking to commit genocide. Because they can't get laid. That seems to be the gist of it.

Politics.ie lis beginning to look sane by comparison.
    Politics.ie is not sane. A member using the name of one of the greatest liberals in history as his username uses the word "libtard" without a hint of irony. The place is getting dumber by the minute.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Quirell View Post
    Would you ever fµck off with the "libtard" crap?
    Is it supposed to be some reference to retard?

Page 1 of 33 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment