Register to Comment
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 126
Like Tree106Likes
  1. #1
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    47,774

    Christmas FM

    Since the end of November, I've been listening to Christmas FM. Largely instead of my regular diet of current affairs radio.

    I've found my mood better and listening to the radio is more relaxing.

    I'm possibly less informed as a result, but perhaps not.

    Either way, I feel the better for it.

    105.2, in the capital. Online, as well.

    Anybody else feel similarly about 'regular' radio?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    The Eagle of the Ninth The Eagle of the Ninth is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    58,570

    Taxi drivers love it. At least they do in the part of Dublin where I am currently forced to hole up.

    But I miss the Northern version, where they have preaching from the Drive In Baptist Chapel at Ballintoy, for example - "He is born to you sinners. Born, I tell you, you sinners dont know you are born. Sooner or later he will cut you down."

    Next up, Boney-M.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    47,774

    Yep,.tapping my feet to BM...picturing David Brent at the Office Christmas party
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    Socratus O' Pericles Socratus O' Pericles is offline
    Socratus O' Pericles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    29,718

    This Phoenix will rise from the ashes.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    firefly123 firefly123 is offline
    firefly123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    23,817

    All I know is some fella is coming to town with lists. So I assume that's some sort of census.
    There's something about deers with nose infections and domestic abuse between two drunks in new York.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    stopdoingstuff stopdoingstuff is offline
    stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21,680

    Quote Originally Posted by The Eagle of the Ninth View Post
    Taxi drivers love it. At least they do in the part of Dublin where I am currently forced to hole up.
    .
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    Calculusmadeeasy Calculusmadeeasy is online now
    Calculusmadeeasy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    19,358

    I love the wireless, me. Don't see the point of current affairs programs though? The odd bit of news is ok.

    I used to tune into music for middlebrow when I were at college. Loved it.

    Listen to Blue of the Night these days. Also, the sacred music collection comes out of the box at this time of year.

    I started listening to this at night:

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    47,774

    Quote Originally Posted by firefly123 View Post
    All I know is some fella is coming to town with lists. So I assume that's some sort of census.
    There's something about deers with nose infections and two drunks having a fight in new York.


    The Newstalk Paul Williams version of Christmas
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    stopdoingstuff stopdoingstuff is offline
    stopdoingstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    21,680

    Quote Originally Posted by Calculusmadeeasy View Post
    I love the wireless, me. Don't see the point of current affairs programs though? The odd bit of news is ok.

    I used to tune into music for middlebrow when I were at college. Loved it.

    Listen to Blue of the Night these days. Also, the sacred music collection comes out of the box at this time of year.

    I started listening to this at night:

    That works for me. Here is another one I love.

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    ShoutingIsLeadership ShoutingIsLeadership is offline
    ShoutingIsLeadership's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    47,774

    Quote Originally Posted by Socratus O' Pericles View Post
    This Phoenix will rise from the ashes.

    More of a Ted-talk man?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment