Register to Comment
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Like Tree106Likes

Quote Originally Posted by *EPIC SUCCESS* View Post
    Jesus H Christ.

Put it on here in work yesterday around 9.30AM. Promptly turned it permanently OFF around 12.30PM.

Are they on a mission to play as many of the worst Christmas songs possible before the 25th? I'm no scrooge by any means, Christmas being my favourite time of the year but coming out with some God awful rockabilly or swing song and bolting 'Christmas', 'Santa' or 'Snow' onto the lyrics does not a Christmas song make.
    Like you, I love Christmas, but the screeching and the murdering of Christmas songs played on that station is torture.

I have one question - How come it took you 3 hours to turn it off?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    It's the bad cover versions which get me. There is no reason to play a cover version of a Christmas classic, unless the cover version is itself a classic.

Also, I've noticed that the signal is regularly dropping...often in the middle of songs. Disappears for 30 seconds plus...

So far, 7 out of 10. I won't lie, I'm still loving it (although, I have rarely listened in the time slot that you've been listening to)
    Even a cover version is familiar and can be good or bad.

I have heard maybe 2 or 3 familiar songs, the rest are just God awful genres like polka or bluegrass songs with some festive reference bolted on.

It's enough to ex-sanguinate ones ears holes.

Quote Originally Posted by Rural View Post
    Like you, I love Christmas, but the screeching and the murdering of Christmas songs played on that station is torture.

I have one question - How come it took you 3 hours to turn it off?
    I was in a meeting for much of the time (about 2 hours 55 minutes).

Quote Originally Posted by *EPIC SUCCESS* View Post
    I was in a meeting for much of the time (about 2 hours 55 minutes).
    Now, now...don't lie. You love it!

Quote Originally Posted by SEAMAI View Post
    Jesus H Christ is right! I was on the bus to work this morning and had to put up with it until I realised I had my earphones. I'd nearly lost the will to live after 15 minutes of it. The woman sitting across from me was humming and singing along to everything with a smile on her face. What's wrong with me? I'm sure there is a market out there for a station that plays no Christmas music.

Last year I ended up is a restaurant for dinner with some work colleagues on December 23rd, for such a busy night (it was a Friday, the last work day for many) the atmosphere was surprisingly chilled, half ways through the meal we noticed they weren't playing Christmas music! I mentioned it to the waitress when we were settling up and she said well everyone else is playing the same stuff and not everyone likes it.
    Too right! I thought.
    Jesus, you sound nearly as much of a dour cynic as myself?

Quote Originally Posted by SEAMAI View Post
    Jesus H Christ is right! I was on the bus to work this morning and had to put up with it until I realised I had my earphones. I'd nearly lost the will to live after 15 minutes of it. The woman sitting across from me was humming and singing along to everything with a smile on her face. What's wrong with me? I'm sure there is a market out there for a station that plays no Christmas music.

Last year I ended up is a restaurant for dinner with some work colleagues on December 23rd, for such a busy night (it was a Friday, the last work day for many) the atmosphere was surprisingly chilled, half ways through the meal we noticed they weren't playing Christmas music! I mentioned it to the waitress when we were settling up and she said well everyone else is playing the same stuff and not everyone likes it.
    Too right! I thought.
    Mods - where's the banhammer?

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment