Register to Comment
Page 213 of 221 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2203
Like Tree1466Likes

Painful to listen to O Donouhue-puts the lite into lightweight
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

As I pointed out earlier today the likely incoming US ambassador to the UK was perfectly upfront on the Daily Politics show this afternoon when he said the UK was now at the FRONT of the queue for trade deals. With the US going protectionist and the UK going brexit the current media coverage is likely to be very damaging as well as ill advised strategically.

Is anyone getting the sense that the same fanatics in the US public service and media are in situ here. And I mean fanatics at terrorist levels. These people have no respect for democracy.

RTE News on there with another 2 hatchet reports on Trump. They are still really sore their girl Hillary lost. Catriona Perry, the Washington correspondent is the worst, she is just a shill for the Democrat party.

Look at Catriona Perrys twitter account, fawning over Obama, crying over his speech, and verbally attacking the Republicans and Trump daily. Is this journalism or just straight propaganda now from RTE and Perry?? How can she claim to be balanced or a journalist in any way?? Is this what we can expect for 4 years?? It's just really galling that this womans lavish lifestyle out in Washington is funded by the Irish Taxpayer while she gives us biased political propaganda daily.

I really wish a political party here had the nuts to scrape the license fee and watch them sink.

Quote Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
    RTE News on there with another 2 hatchet reports on Trump. They are still really sore their girl Hillary lost. Catriona Perry, the Washington correspondent is the worst, she is just a shill for the Democrat party.

Look at Catriona Perrys twitter account, fawning over Obama, crying over his speech, and verbally attacking the Republicans and Trump daily. Is this journalism or just straight propaganda now from RTE and Perry?? How can she claim to be balanced or a journalist in any way?? Is this what we can expect for 4 years?? It's just really galling that this womans lavish lifestyle out in Washington is funded by the Irish Taxpayer while she gives us biased political propaganda daily.

I really wish a political party here had the nuts to scrape the license fee and watch them sink.
    Truly despicable-the thing is she wouldn't have got the gig if she wasn't a dyed in the dull Democrat shill. Way it works-jst the latest in a long line-haven't seen her Twitter-sounds odious and incriminating for any self-respecting correspondent as opposed to commentator.

Quote Originally Posted by Absurdo View Post
    As I pointed out earlier today the likely incoming US ambassador to the UK was perfectly upfront on the Daily Politics show this afternoon when he said the UK was now at the FRONT of the queue for trade deals. With the US going protectionist and the UK going brexit the current media coverage is likely to be very damaging as well as ill advised strategically.

Is anyone getting the sense that the same fanatics in the US public service and media are in situ here. And I mean fanatics at terrorist levels. These people have no respect for democracy.
    Great points-should not be a surprise when Trump starts treating Ireland like he does CNN.We're the state equivalent-the same media bozos dissing him now will be whining the loudest too when it happens

Was anyone listening to Morning Ireland this morning? At this stage I listen to it largely for amusement purposes as it has become a self-parody as well as a parody of the notion of 'impartiality'.

They're discussing a press conference by a GOP president-elect so of course they bring on two Democrats to talk about it, as you do if you're RTE. One (Bob Schmoo of Notre Dame) is at least a coherent academic and effects a modicum of detachment. The other (Dublin-based Democrats Abroad type whose name I didn't catch) was so righteous that it sounded like she was going to be assumed body and soul into liberal heaven on the spot. McKillya of course didn't even attempt to do devil's advocate. At no stage was any attempt made to discuss how and why American voters might have voted for Trump or even the possibility that a world might exist outside their echo chamber. And we're the ones hoping to keep Big Pharma here!!

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    Was anyone listening to Morning Ireland this morning? At this stage I listen to it largely for amusement purposes as it has become a self-parody as well as a parody of the notion of 'impartiality'.

They're discussing a press conference by a GOP president-elect so of course they bring on two Democrats to talk about it, as you do if you're RTE. One (Bob Schmoo of Notre Dame) is at least a coherent academic and effects a modicum of detachment. The other (Dublin-based Democrats Abroad type whose name I didn't catch) was so righteous that it sounded like she was going to be assumed body and soul into liberal heaven on the spot. McKillya of course didn't even attempt to do devil's advocate. At no stage was any attempt made to discuss how and why American voters might have voted for Trump or even the possibility that a world might exist outside their echo chamber. And we're the ones hoping to keep Big Pharma here!!
    Who voted for him is long since irrelevant, they were discussing his press conference and what Trump will do. It doesn't look good so far and she made a fair point, based in Cork BTW not Dublin, that he is very thin-skinned and responds the same way to every perceived slight regardless of how trite it is. As for Pharma, worth €38 Billion to us, 70% of what's made does not go to the US, so questionable how much he can influence them or get Congress to do something about them. Many of them have also been here for a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post

All that can be done is keep calling these biased media shills out.Chapter and perverse every time

Quote Originally Posted by Wagmore View Post
    Truly despicable-the thing is she wouldn't have got the gig if she wasn't a dyed in the dull Democrat shill. Way it works-jst the latest in a long line-haven't seen her Twitter-sounds odious and incriminating for any self-respecting correspondent as opposed to commentator.
    It's pathetic and a disgrace, I feel like complaining somewhere or taking her to task on Twitter. She is a paid shill for the Democrat party and is so arrogant she continues to expose that on her social media accounts. These people live in a bubble away from reality. The way RTE treat Republicans vs fawning and salivating over Obama for 8 years is sickening. Worst still is people out there buying this.

Quote Originally Posted by sic transit View Post
    Who voted for him is long since irrelevant, they were discussing his press conference and what Trump will do. It doesn't look good so far and she made a fair point, based in Cork BTW not Dublin, that he is very thin-skinned and responds the same way to every perceived slight regardless of how trite it is. As for Pharma, worth 38 Billion to us, 70% of what's made does not go to the US, so questionable how much he can influence them or get Congress to do something about them. Many of them have also been here for a very long time.
    I think his thin-skinnedness is well known and hardly a point of debate. My point is that RTE routinely debate US issues with all-Democrat participants and nobody (including yourself it seems) thinks there is anything odd about this? BTW I would have voted for Obama and (with a turned stomach) for Clinton, but to ignore half the American polity (the one that currently happens to be in power) is beyond farcical. Nor do I think we can so sanguine about Big Pharma but that's just an aside to my main point.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment