Register to Comment
Page 213 of 221 FirstFirst ... 113 163 203211212213214215 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 2202
Like Tree1461Likes
  1. #2121
    Wagmore Wagmore is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,065

    Quote Originally Posted by Trampas View Post
    Translation: Unlike the Obama administration Trump and his appointees understand the nature and extent of the threat presented by the religion of mayhem.......and no amount of helpless fury will change that by one jot. p.s. Do continue to knock yourself out. Height of entertainment it is.......and for four long years. One's cup runneth over.
    Imagine what 8-yrs would do to the psychological health of these biased bozos--aren't enough counsellers to go around
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2122
    constitutionus constitutionus is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    29,704

    chris donoghue on what feels like day 800 of his anti trump rants on "drive" with some bint from politico falling over themsevles defending discredited hack organisation CNN.

    Ya know its getting HARD to keep up with the nuttery today from our media as theyve been at it since 8am or so.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #2123
    Wagmore Wagmore is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,065

    Painful to listen to O Donouhue-puts the lite into lightweight
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #2124
    Absurdo Absurdo is online now

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    728

    As I pointed out earlier today the likely incoming US ambassador to the UK was perfectly upfront on the Daily Politics show this afternoon when he said the UK was now at the FRONT of the queue for trade deals. With the US going protectionist and the UK going brexit the current media coverage is likely to be very damaging as well as ill advised strategically.

    Is anyone getting the sense that the same fanatics in the US public service and media are in situ here. And I mean fanatics at terrorist levels. These people have no respect for democracy.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #2125
    mulligan mulligan is online now

    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    651

    RTE News on there with another 2 hatchet reports on Trump. They are still really sore their girl Hillary lost. Catriona Perry, the Washington correspondent is the worst, she is just a shill for the Democrat party.

    Look at Catriona Perrys twitter account, fawning over Obama, crying over his speech, and verbally attacking the Republicans and Trump daily. Is this journalism or just straight propaganda now from RTE and Perry?? How can she claim to be balanced or a journalist in any way?? Is this what we can expect for 4 years?? It's just really galling that this womans lavish lifestyle out in Washington is funded by the Irish Taxpayer while she gives us biased political propaganda daily.

    I really wish a political party here had the nuts to scrape the license fee and watch them sink.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #2126
    Wagmore Wagmore is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,065

    Quote Originally Posted by mulligan View Post
    RTE News on there with another 2 hatchet reports on Trump. They are still really sore their girl Hillary lost. Catriona Perry, the Washington correspondent is the worst, she is just a shill for the Democrat party.

    Look at Catriona Perrys twitter account, fawning over Obama, crying over his speech, and verbally attacking the Republicans and Trump daily. Is this journalism or just straight propaganda now from RTE and Perry?? How can she claim to be balanced or a journalist in any way?? Is this what we can expect for 4 years?? It's just really galling that this womans lavish lifestyle out in Washington is funded by the Irish Taxpayer while she gives us biased political propaganda daily.

    I really wish a political party here had the nuts to scrape the license fee and watch them sink.
    Truly despicable-the thing is she wouldn't have got the gig if she wasn't a dyed in the dull Democrat shill. Way it works-jst the latest in a long line-haven't seen her Twitter-sounds odious and incriminating for any self-respecting correspondent as opposed to commentator.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #2127
    Wagmore Wagmore is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,065

    Quote Originally Posted by Absurdo View Post
    As I pointed out earlier today the likely incoming US ambassador to the UK was perfectly upfront on the Daily Politics show this afternoon when he said the UK was now at the FRONT of the queue for trade deals. With the US going protectionist and the UK going brexit the current media coverage is likely to be very damaging as well as ill advised strategically.

    Is anyone getting the sense that the same fanatics in the US public service and media are in situ here. And I mean fanatics at terrorist levels. These people have no respect for democracy.
    Great points-should not be a surprise when Trump starts treating Ireland like he does CNN.We're the state equivalent-the same media bozos dissing him now will be whining the loudest too when it happens
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #2128
    midlander12 midlander12 is offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    2,698

    Was anyone listening to Morning Ireland this morning? At this stage I listen to it largely for amusement purposes as it has become a self-parody as well as a parody of the notion of 'impartiality'.

    They're discussing a press conference by a GOP president-elect so of course they bring on two Democrats to talk about it, as you do if you're RTE. One (Bob Schmoo of Notre Dame) is at least a coherent academic and effects a modicum of detachment. The other (Dublin-based Democrats Abroad type whose name I didn't catch) was so righteous that it sounded like she was going to be assumed body and soul into liberal heaven on the spot. McKillya of course didn't even attempt to do devil's advocate. At no stage was any attempt made to discuss how and why American voters might have voted for Trump or even the possibility that a world might exist outside their echo chamber. And we're the ones hoping to keep Big Pharma here!!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #2129
    sic transit sic transit is offline
    sic transit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    21,439

    Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    Was anyone listening to Morning Ireland this morning? At this stage I listen to it largely for amusement purposes as it has become a self-parody as well as a parody of the notion of 'impartiality'.

    They're discussing a press conference by a GOP president-elect so of course they bring on two Democrats to talk about it, as you do if you're RTE. One (Bob Schmoo of Notre Dame) is at least a coherent academic and effects a modicum of detachment. The other (Dublin-based Democrats Abroad type whose name I didn't catch) was so righteous that it sounded like she was going to be assumed body and soul into liberal heaven on the spot. McKillya of course didn't even attempt to do devil's advocate. At no stage was any attempt made to discuss how and why American voters might have voted for Trump or even the possibility that a world might exist outside their echo chamber. And we're the ones hoping to keep Big Pharma here!!
    Who voted for him is long since irrelevant, they were discussing his press conference and what Trump will do. It doesn't look good so far and she made a fair point, based in Cork BTW not Dublin, that he is very thin-skinned and responds the same way to every perceived slight regardless of how trite it is. As for Pharma, worth €38 Billion to us, 70% of what's made does not go to the US, so questionable how much he can influence them or get Congress to do something about them. Many of them have also been here for a very long time.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #2130
    Wagmore Wagmore is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    2,065

    Quote Originally Posted by midlander12 View Post
    Was anyone listening to Morning Ireland this morning? At this stage I listen to it largely for amusement purposes as it has become a self-parody as well as a parody of the notion of 'impartiality'.

    They're discussing a press conference by a GOP president-elect so of course they bring on two Democrats to talk about it, as you do if you're RTE. One (Bob Schmoo of Notre Dame) is at least a coherent academic and effects a modicum of detachment. The other (Dublin-based Democrats Abroad type whose name I didn't catch) was so righteous that it sounded like she was going to be assumed body and soul into liberal heaven on the spot. McKillya of course didn't even attempt to do devil's advocate. At no stage was any attempt made to discuss how and why American voters might have voted for Trump or even the possibility that a world might exist outside their echo chamber. And we're the ones hoping to keep Big Pharma here!!
    All that can be done is keep calling these biased media shills out.Chapter and perverse every time
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment