Register to Comment
Page 1 of 132 1231151101 ... LastLast
Like Tree682Likes

My Homeless Family - RTE 1 Monday 18th January

RTÉ provided three families with cameras to film their experience of being homeless over a three month period in the final months of 2015. The resulting programme is to be aired tomorrow night on RTE One after the 9 O'Clock tomorrow night.

"The number of homeless families almost doubled in the past year. By December 2015, over 700 families - with almost 1500 children - were without a home. Many of these families have been forced to live in emergency accommodation - usually a hotel or B&B room - where they eat, sleep, and live their lives. While other families, not registered as homeless, live with friends or family as part of an increasing number of people 'sofa surfing' to keep a roof over their heads."

RTE describe this programme as a vivid depiction of what it's like to be part of a family in homelessness, seeing up close "the emotional and psychological effects of living in emergency accommodation".

Will ye watch?

http://www.rte.ie/tv/programmes/myhomelessfamily.html
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Where are the open border folk to make a comment.

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    RTÉ provided three families with cameras to film their experience of being homeless over a three month period in the final months of 2015. The resulting programme is to be aired tomorrow night on RTE One after the 9 O'Clock tomorrow night.

"The number of homeless families almost doubled in the past year. By December 2015, over 700 families - with almost 1500 children - were without a home. Many of these families have been forced to live in emergency accommodation - usually a hotel or B&B room - where they eat, sleep, and live their lives. While other families, not registered as homeless, live with friends or family as part of an increasing number of people 'sofa surfing' to keep a roof over their heads."

RTE describe this programme as a vivid depiction of what it's like to be part of a family in homelessness, seeing up close "the emotional and psychological effects of living in emergency accommodation".

Will ye watch?

RT Television - Programmes - Factual - My Homeless Family
    I will watch. Hate to see anyone homeless. That said, lucky that they are able to get accommodation in hotels/B&Bs. I wonder would that be the case in many countries.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnypockets View Post
    I will watch. Hate to see anyone homeless. That said, lucky that they are able to get accommodation in hotels/B&Bs. I wonder would that be the case in many countries.
    Lucky? Was it luck that they ended up homeless?

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Lucky? Was it luck that they ended up homeless?
    Who?

Joan Burton will ensure her pension by taking orders from Merkel, sure 20,000 plus is nothing when you will never , ever have to meet them on your road.

Nearly fell off the chair laughing at the gimp on Finnuncane talking about the invasion force gathering at Calais ? they won't be living in reception centres on your road love so puuleeese just fook off with your bullsh1t quango and face your neighbours when their house price halves overnight if it ever happened.

A home is not a "human right" sure next is a car, a big garden, a posh neighbourhood and a swimming pool ? jobs and education solves most problems, free stuff just sells papers and media outrage propaganda.

boring,,,

Quote Originally Posted by storybud1 View Post
    Joan Burton will ensure her pension by taking orders from Merkel, sure 20,000 plus is nothing when you will never , ever have to meet them on your road.

Nearly fell off the chair laughing at the gimp on Finnuncane talking about the invasion force gathering at Calais ? they won't be living in reception centres on your road love so puuleeese just fook off with your bullsh1t quango and face your neighbours when their house price halves overnight if it ever happened.

A home is not a "human right" sure next is a car, a big garden, a posh neighbourhood and a swimming pool ? jobs and education solves most problems, free stuff just sells papers and media outrage propaganda.

boring,,,
    You usually are, I agree.

But have you ever had the wild idea that refuge for victims of war and Irish native homeless people need not in fact be in conflict? Maybe a civilised society would endeavour to care for both and one as wealthy as us would actually do it.

Maybe we should drop the false concern for one group as too many use it as an excuse to hate the other group?

In fairness, you mostly manage to admit utter contempt for all human welfare regardless of the persons origin which is honest in a way I suppose. If reprehensible. But using Irish homeless as a weapon to batter the victims of war is more reprehensible really.

Listening to one of the participants in the show on rte now. This lady works 29 hours a week and cant afford to live any kind of normal life, this is so so wrong!

Up to now I'd just seen the trailer where the little boy who couldn't be more than 5 saying 'I hate this hotel' in such a plaintive voice, its heart breaking.

With FF/FG/LAB/SF selling off prime development land in Dublin it's only going to get worse.

Dublin City Council Pushes Forward on Plan for 1,345 Homes

Only 30% will go to social housing when it should be at least 80%.

Quote Originally Posted by PBP voter View Post
    With FF/FG/LAB/SF selling off prime development land in Dublin it's only going to get worse.

Dublin City Council Pushes Forward on Plan for 1,345 Homes

Only 30% will go to social housing when it should be at least 80%.
    Why should it be 80% in one development? experience shows us that lumping social housing together all in the one spot is a bad policy.

Page 1 of 132 1231151101 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment