Register to Comment
Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Like Tree682Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Fullforward View Post
    Labourgaels "Fairytail Economics" at play here. For decades the massive profits for the Banks went into the pockets of the shareholders and other vested interests but the moment they make a loss the senior people are given massive pay-offs and the Taxpayer foots the bill.

Another result of Labourgaels "Magic Money Tree" economic philosophy is that the same re-financed Banks then start dumping Families out only for the Taxpayer to once again stump up the cash to put them in Hotels where the claustrophobic conditions lead to inevitable tension between the Family and coupled with the fact that in most cases the children are a bus journey or two from their School, GAA or Soccer club and their friends. Labourgaels leadership care nothing for the long term consequences of such policies for society as they ride off into the sunset with their massive pensions in their Bank accounts.
    Now SF are backing that policy via the Dublin council.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Dont be telling SF IRA shills what actually happens on the ground PBP.

Its not on the leaflet they get from Belfast HQ aka Spin Central

Quote Originally Posted by Florence View Post

I heard that interview too and like you I felt moved by her situation. However, I was annoyed that Tubridy didn't ask some relevant questions. Like where is the father of her 9 year old daughter and why is he not providing financial support, like why when she says the hotel is convenient to where she works and the child's school she is running a car, like what is her take home pay and is she getting family income supplement. She was renting but I think she said for only a few months, was misinformed about the rent support she might get then found she could not afford the rent and then ended up in the hotel.
    It is stupid that the state pays hotel costs which is much more than subsidising the rent which they will partly get back from the tax the landlord will pay on the rent.
    Whatever she's getting it's not enough to pay private rental. As someone who works part time & runs a car, I don't think the cost would make a material difference to whether she could pay private rent or not.

I don't begrudge her running a car that might offer herself & her child an escape and make visiting family or having a day out a bit easier. I dont expect people living in hotels to forgo every little thing that might make life more bearable.

Quote Originally Posted by PBP voter View Post
    With FF/FG/LAB/SF selling off prime development land in Dublin it's only going to get worse.

Dublin City Council Pushes Forward on Plan for 1,345 Homes

Only 30% will go to social housing when it should be at least 80%.
    Who the Fukk will buy houses in an area that is 80% social housing? even 30% is really high. People will be worried about anti-social activity.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Tubridy is batting for Fianna FAIL all the time.

Something really needs to be done about absent fathers and the contributions they dont make.
    Ah jaysus Hammer. You can't turn up anywhere without calling people FF supporters. FG are in government 5 years so the buck stops there

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Tubridy is batting for Fianna FAIL all the time.

Something really needs to be done about absent fathers and the contributions they dont make.
    Yes, the dad's just abandon their children and then we are expected to pay the burden of raising them.

Quote Originally Posted by PBP voter View Post
    It's not. It works fine in other countries.

Plus SF claim they didn't support such actions. Now they are voting for it.
    Balymun, Darndale, Ballyfermot. developments with 100% social housing proved to be a disaster. 10-30% spread across all developments is a much better model

Quote Originally Posted by SayItAintSo View Post
    Whatever she's getting it's not enough to pay private rental. As someone who works part time & runs a car, I don't think the cost would make a material difference to whether she could pay private rent or not.

I don't begrudge her running a car that might offer herself & her child an escape and make visiting family or having a day out a bit easier. I dont expect people living in hotels to forgo every little thing that might make life more bearable.
    You think somebody should spend their money on a car "for a day out" when they cannot afford rent?

Quote Originally Posted by toughbutfair View Post
    Who the Fukk will buy houses in an area that is 80% social housing? even 30% is really high. People will be worried about anti-social activity.
    If your on benefits you shouldn't be able to have a car. She's in the land of prosperity so there's plenty of public transport. The courts should be chasing up the father. I bet he spends his dole in paddy powers and the pub

Running a car on welfare is a luxury contained to only the debt ridden societies of Northern Europe and perhaps in the USA where cars are a fraction of the cost. That being said even poorer societies in Southern and Eastern Europe provide ample social housing instead of putting people in hotels.

Page 3 of 132 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment