Register to Comment
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 102
Like Tree58Likes
  1. #1
    ruserious ruserious is offline
    ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,164

    A Pixelated Travesty: TV3 Secure Rights to 2015 Rugby World Cup

    TV3 wins rights to 2015 Rugby World Cup - Rugby News | Rugby Results, Fixtures & Tables | The Irish Times - Sat, Apr 12, 2014


    Once every 4 years, we get to look forward to a great sporting occasion: The Rugby World Cup.


    It has been announced that serial Sports Butcher, TV3 has secured the rights to 'broadcast' the event.


    Any Irish sports fan will know that TV3 sports coverage amounts to a pixelated dinge with shoddy commentary and graphics not unfamiliar to a computer graphic-designer drop out.
    Say what you want about RTÉ but their sports coverage is crisp, with refreshing commentators and ''looks well'' on the TV.

    I despair.

    (hick)..
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #2
    Kev408 Kev408 is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    9,698

    That's if TV3 are still around next year. Anyway, we can get the rugby World Cup on other channels if we don't like TV3's coverage.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #3
    ruserious ruserious is offline
    ruserious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    24,164

    Quote Originally Posted by Kev408 View Post
    That's if TV3 are still around next year. Anyway, we can get the rugby World Cup on other channels if we don't like TV3's coverage.
    RTÉ Radio with ITV on TV muted. Sorted.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #4
    Dadaist Dadaist is offline
    Dadaist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,079

    Think of the upside. No George Hook or Tom McGurk.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #5
    NYCKY NYCKY is offline
    NYCKY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,121

    Well it could be worse, it could be Sky Sports that won the contract and if I am to believe all (or even some of what) I read on here, only people on the social welfare would get to see it.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #6
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    24,945

    Pass the peanut will never be the same again......
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7
    NewGoldDream NewGoldDream is offline
    NewGoldDream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    19,539

    Ryle Nugent will implode.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #8
    bring back paper tigers bring back paper tigers is offline
    bring back paper tigers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,996

    Quote Originally Posted by Dadaist View Post
    Think of the upside. No George Hook or Tom McGurk.
    I'm with you on that one. Not having to listen to hook and his tales of when dinosaurs used to rule the earth would be definite bonus.
    I've stopped long ago listening to newstalk for the same reason.

    Tv3 with Brent pope has to be a vast improvement.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #9
    John Matrix John Matrix is offline
    John Matrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    645

    Quote Originally Posted by ruserious View Post
    TV3 wins rights to 2015 Rugby World Cup - Rugby News | Rugby Results, Fixtures & Tables | The Irish Times - Sat, Apr 12, 2014


    Once every 4 years, we get to look forward to a great sporting occasion: The Rugby World Cup.


    It has been announced that serial Sports Butcher, TV3 has secured the rights to 'broadcast' the event.


    Any Irish sports fan will know that TV3 sports coverage amounts to a pixelated dinge with shoddy commentary and graphics not unfamiliar to a computer graphic-designer drop out.
    Say what you want about RTÉ but their sports coverage is crisp, with refreshing commentators and ''looks well'' on the TV.

    I despair.

    (hick)..


    Yes, the great rugby world cup, taken seriously by 3 countries.

    Right up there with the Afgan sport of goat throwing



    He's a legend, plays goat throwing and then milks them, Real people, real sport.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #10
    patfitzbally patfitzbally is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    983

    remind me ,how popular gaa sports are world wide,dumpling.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment