Register to Comment
Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree106Likes

Study shows Fox News viewers have an IQ that is 20 points lower than the U.S. National average

Intelligence Institute Study shows Fox News viewers have an IQ that is 20 points lower than the U.S. National average. - Yahoo! News

The results of a 4 year study show that Americans who obtain their news from Fox News channel have an average IQ of 80, which represents a 20 point deficit when compared to the U.S. national average of 100. IQ, or intelligence quotient, is the international standard of assessing intelligence.

He continues, "Fox News' content is presented at an elementary school level and plays directly into the fears of the less educated and less intelligent."
    The researchers said that an IQ of 80 is well above the score of 70, which is where psychiatrists diagnose mental retardation. P. Nichols says an IQ of 80 will not limit anyone's ability to lead happy, fulfilling lives.

P. Nichols concludes that he wasn't shocked by the studies' results, rather how dramatic their range. "Several previous studies show that self-identified conservatives are less intelligent than self-identified moderates. We have never seen such a homogeneous group teetering so close to special needs levels."
    This is one of many recently released studies which has confirmed what most of us already suspected.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by CptSternn View Post
    Intelligence Institute Study shows Fox News viewers have an IQ that is 20 points lower than the U.S. National average. - Yahoo! News

This is one of many recently released studies which has confirmed what most of us already suspected.
    Would be interesting to run an equivalent on those who buy the Indo.

Or who watch TV3.

what about people who call Joe Duffy?

Or vote Fianna Fail.

I'm sure if TD's took an IQ test they would come out above average ............

Duuuhh . . . What do the letters F O X stand for anyway?

Twitter
    @

"[W]e are left with strong evidence that in the early 1970s, the Irish IQ averaged 87, the lowest figure anywhere in Europe... a value which would seem to place a substantial fraction of Ireland’s population on the edge of clinical mental retardation".

Race, IQ, and Wealth | The American Conservative

Quote Originally Posted by Dylan2010 View Post
    I'm sure if TD's took an IQ test they would come out above average ............
    I have to say I doubt that very much. I'd say, on average, political representatives around the world are considerably more intelligent than voters. It would be interesting to see it tested, no?

I think this is inaccurate...
    I'd say the viewers have a larger deficit than 20 pts

Quote Originally Posted by Ramps View Post
    I have to say I doubt that very much. I'd say, on average, political representatives around the world are considerably more intelligent than voters. It would be interesting to see it tested, no?
    thats what I said, I'm only being sarcastic in the fact that it doesnt matter

Page 1 of 16 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment