Register to Comment
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Useless Bird had Harry Crosbie on earlier to promote the Tall Ships (and all businesses in Crosbie's beloved docks, it seemed).

Not a care in the world for Harry. OBE as well, apparently. Harry took the opportunity to tell us all that "we are on our way back".

Those of us unemployed or crippled by debt are not, Harry.

Not a mention of NAMA or the money he owes, of course.

Developers are laughing all the way to Nama - The Irish Times - Wed, Oct 05, 2011

What a horrible little country this is.

To quote Vincent Browne:

" So there you have it.
    In spite of all the promises made just two years ago that Nama would not be a bailout agency for developers, Nama is a bailout agency for developers. The developers will not be pursued for every penny they’ve got, they will escape debts of hundreds of millions in many instances, while people in negative equity in their homes will be pursued for every penny they’ve got.
    And, we, the people of Ireland, will pick up the tab.
    Well done!"
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    It is a little known fact that Charlie and his brother were members of the Labour Party one time. The brothers tried to turn the party from red to a kind of custardy colour.
    Not to mention:

Maybe he did some good work during his 38 years, I can't remember, but God he's very dull now. Just how insubstantial he can be was brought home to me when RTE whisked him up to NY from Latin America late in the week of 9/11. Even though Carole Coulter (I think it was) was doing a creditable job there already, RTE obviously wanted a heavyweight. Five days after the event, Charlie's report consisted of telling us that two planes had crashed into the twin towers and the city was still in shock and that was about it.

Quote Originally Posted by SeamusNapoleon View Post
    Not to mention:

....in the meantime the largesse available in Pravda has cheered him up.

Quote Originally Posted by Slievenaglogh View Post
    Maybe he did some good work during his 38 years, I can't remember, but God he's very dull now. Just how insubstantial he can be was brought home to me when RTE whisked him up to NY from Latin America late in the week of 9/11. Even though Carole Coulter (I think it was) was doing a creditable job there already, RTE obviously wanted a heavyweight. Five days after the event, Charlie's report consisted of telling us that two planes had crashed into the twin towers and the city was still in shock and that was about it.
    Carol Coleman it was. Indeed Charlie tried to add drama to everything,and was aided by being nearly always out of breath. " Meanwhile" was his most famous word.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    Carol Coleman it was. Indeed Charlie tried to add drama to everything,and was aided by being nearly always out of breath. " Meanwhile" was his most famous word.
    I would've put money on it being "I".

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    It is a little known fact that Charlie and his brother were members of the Labour Party one time. The brothers tried to turn the party from red to a kind of custardy colour.
    Others turned them to the Royal Blue colour that it is now, as Labour TD's slavishly worship on the altar of Capitalism.

Quote Originally Posted by John Biffo View Post
    What colour do you want homie?

bright red, everybody depending on the poor Fchuuuuhkerr earning a wage and the State for a 'crust' eh

Sit back and let the State support you man, is that your ambition.

Riding on the back of the taxpayer?

No risk, no ambition,no entrepreneurship, no hope.

Sorry pal, not my idea of a good system
    Have to say John. Your posts are getting funnier every day. Where did you get the lingo from? Do you talk like that in the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by FakeViking View Post
    Is it just me, or do other normal people find the antics of British Royals profoundly disinteresting?

(I hope I don't sound like the Eire1234 eejit on about the RNLI!)
    sorry to be an insufferable pedant but it's uninteresting, not disinteresting.

"disinterested" is about having no vested interests. "uninterested" is about being unmoved/apathetic/bored etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Slievenaglogh View Post
    Richard Downes, his replacement as Washington correspondent, is excellent.

His reports from the US are regular and informative.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment