Register to Comment
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

blows Browne out of the water?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by LDF View Post
    I have a lot of time for Arnold and always read his articles but I think he's wrong on this one. There are a number of issues I have with his article:-

-Arnold seems to suggest that all newspapers take an editorial line in order to differentiate themselves from the competition. He uses the Telegraph in the UK as an example. The Telegraph's "brand" is Eurosceptic, pro-Tory, Conservative. Almost every story in the Telegraph adheres to that "brand". There's nothing wrong with that. However, is Arnold really suggesting that Buckley's desire to move Smyth on from the Tribunal was motivated by a need to create a "brand" at INM and not a desire to protect his boss? Seriously? One story and one journalist does not create a newspaper brand.

-Arnold then questions Browne's business acumen and takes a couple of digs at the O'Reillys. Browne's business record is there for all to see. It isn't great. I couldn't care less about the O'Reillys. As far as I'm concerned there's little difference between the O'Reilly clan and Denis O'Brien. However, Arnold should also consider the fact that Mr O'Brien spent 520m building up his stake in INM. The company currently has a market cap of a little over 100m. Not his greatest business decision. Then again, Mr O'Brien interest in INM isn't the Return on Investment.

O'Brien's INM holding and his excessive control of Irish media in general is a major issue in this country and it isn't being taken seriously enough. Browne is damn right to raise the issue and I hope he keeps doing so. The sidelining of Smyth from INM is a disgrace that hasn't got the attention it deserves. Maybe Smyth should change his name to Pussy Riot.

Lets hope Browne keeps up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    Lets hope Browne keeps up the good work.
    that he runs TV3 into bankruptcy like he did with everything else he touched ?

Rumour has it he is drafting a reply to Arnold while sipping wine in his Villa in France, in conjunction with McDool. Puts him off his equality agenda.

It certainly still looks as if the Fine Gael supporters are backing O Brien,

Kenny and O Brien together at the New York stock exchange may have been a smart move after all.

what about Payback time ?

An interesting point when Vin come back, will he be as nice to Fine Gael as in the last few months before the break, not a word from Vinnie to the party reps,how they got rid of their debt the last time they were in government. where is the accounts of their present funding. I find it strange that he would go weak on those important points.

Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    An interesting point when Vin come back, will he be as nice to Fine Gael as in the last few months before the break, not a word from Vinnie to the party reps,how they got rid of their debt the last time they were in government. where is the accounts of their present funding. I find it strange that he would go weak on those important points.
    ever hear of the widow's mite ?

RUMOUR has it he's in france with McDool?

What about the rumour that he's not - does that affect his equality agenda?

Anyway -Vinnies view of equality may not be the same one as the rest of ours - he certainly has a skewed view of equality when he attacks his panellists -particularly the ones who look for meaningful equality. he has a knack of deliberately trying to undermine the real left in order to make his friends in FG and the guilty Right look reasonable.

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin Coir View Post
    while sipping wine in his Villa in France
    you do this a lot and it's a bit annoying. it has nothing to do with the matter at hand.

There seems to be a camaign to smear poor Vinnie

Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment