Register to Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Claire Byrne for Morning Ireland?

According to the Sindo, ex-NewsTalk breakfast show presenter Claire Byrne is being lined up for Morning Ireland: Claire Byrne lined up for 'Morning Ireland' role - TV & Radio, Entertainment - Independent.ie

She's had a go on RTE radio shows in recent weeks and has been very impressive. I must say, I've always been a fan. I love her voice and delivery.

IMO NewsTalk really dropped the ball on this one. They paired Ivan Yates with her, but it doesn't seem his joshing went down very well with her, and she jumped ship to RTE pretty quickly. Maybe she would have gone anyway. At any rate, if the news is true, she has a great future in broadcasting.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Good choice if true IMO.

Its amazing how stories get into papers. :rollseyes:

I've thought her a bit boring on the radio and TV by times. However, I was impressed with her when she covered Marian Finucane recently. She's well able for the more slippery politician.

I wouldn't mind wakin up with her,

Wha!

On a serious note, given that Noosetalk breakfast is now unlistenable too, Claire's would be enough to tempt me back to MI, I know it's still Rte, but Claire has been v impressive in recent times on the state broadcaster, and seems to have a somewhat independent mind,

Which is as rare as hens teeth on Rte, she's also easy to listen to and seems professional,

And I doubt she would get the Para and the Special Olympics like that twit Cathal did the other morning, radio fail of the year

How is Finucane still employed? Absolutely useless and she is never there anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    I've thought her a bit boring on the radio and TV by times. However, I was impressed with her when she covered Marian Finucane recently. She's well able for the more slippery politician.
    I think she was deputising on the News at One, or was it possibly even MI itself? Very smooth, with none of those awful AA Roadwatch affectations that have become so intrusive on RTE News and current affairs over recent years.

She was very far right when she was on Newstalk, she had not much time for PS workers unions or anyone on social welfare, she changed her tune a bit when she was on the Late Debate so it will be interesting to see what way she will come across on Morning Ireland.

I love Claire.

Quote Originally Posted by Iarmhi Gael View Post
    Its amazing how stories get into papers. :rollseyes:
    Wouldn't have much time for Niamh Horan myself. But time will tell if it's a spoof, or if the source is reliable.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment