Register to Comment
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

BTW, was reminded today that the president of Mauritius is a graduate of TCD.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Underneath the label The Irish Daily Star, I think you might find the statement

"because we are Irish".

Can somebody please explain that this is supposed to mean ??
    it's an attempt to appeal to morons. it's the same impulse that makes taxi drivers put green lights on top of their car roofs so as to let potential customers know they aren't black.

as for the star, all this thread is missing is a post from grumpy jack telling us that ger colleran is a superb journalist with a world-class eye for news, one of the good guys, and an absolute pleasure to work with.
    Last edited by stoichkov; 19th July 2012 at 11:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rgaok View Post
    The poor Mauritians are being harassed now by silly Irish politicians trying to gain political capital + Martin Mc Guinness lecturing another country on how they should conduct a murder inquiry! don't know whether to laugh or cry........
    Martin McGuinness was way out of line looking for a retrial.

From what I can see of the defence lawyers in Mauritius they are more than capable of standing up for
    themselves.

The Mauritius PM has invited members of the gárdaí and the PSNI to the island to help in the investigations
    into the murder. The culprit is still walking free.

Quote Originally Posted by cricket View Post
    BTW, was reminded today that the president of Mauritius is a graduate of TCD.
    He studied at the RCSI.

Phew! What a Scorcher!

Will there be a high-profile vacancy opening up shortly with scrappy Brit tabloid the Irish Daily Star after its Irish-born editor ‘Mad’ Mike O’Kane decided to run topless photos of the Duchess of Hearts, Kate Middleton?

Gawd Bless you, Ma’am.

According to sources, the paper’s toffee-nosed UK-based owners Northern and Shell are very unhappy about the decision, calling it, in their plummy tones, a “grotesque invasion of privacy” and are looking to sever ties with the plucky red top.

Up yours, Delors!

The photos have already been published in the French magazine Closer - the ungrateful beret-wearing b*stards no doubt having already forgotten that without Our Brave Lads they’d all be eating bratwurst by now!

Enormous Jugs!

Micks and Paddys with some limited journalistic experience, their own trousers, and no-more than one pig in the parlour, would of course be eligible to apply for any position (Phwooaar!) that may arise (Oo-er, Matron).

Quote Originally Posted by Incitatus View Post
    Phew! What a Scorcher!

Will there be a high-profile vacancy opening up shortly with scrappy Brit tabloid the Irish Daily Star after its Irish-born editor ‘Mad’ Mike O’Kane decided to run topless photos of the Duchess of Hearts, Kate Middleton?

Gawd Bless you, Ma’am.

According to sources, the paper’s toffee-nosed UK-based owners Northern and Shell are very unhappy about the decision, calling it, in their plummy tones, a “grotesque invasion of privacy” and are looking to sever ties with the plucky red top.

Up yours, Delors!

The photos have already been published in the French magazine Closer - the ungrateful beret-wearing b*stards no doubt having already forgotten that without Our Brave Lads they’d all be eating bratwurst by now!

Enormous Jugs!

Micks and Paddys with some limited journalistic experience, their own trousers, and no-more than one pig in the parlour, would of course be eligible to apply for any position (Phwooaar!) that may arise (Oo-er, Matron).

I heard that O Kane guy on the radio yesterday. A claw hammer in the forehead would be too good for him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Quality post, Incitatus

Quote Originally Posted by wishywashy View Post
    I heard that O Kane guy on the radio yesterday. A claw hammer in the forehead would be too good for him.
    I presumed that given the quality of his arguments he had indeed been hit with a claw hammer some time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by wishywashy View Post
    I thought he was making it pretty clear that he was going to publish the photos, on a national radio station. I am surprised the owners are falling over themselves in faux disgust and horror and threatening to close the title down. If this was some film star or a council house doll who got famous for a few minutes, it would be published by all of the tabs. They are salivating at the prospect and it won't be long before one of them breaks ranks and says, in the public interest, as the images are already in the public domain, so we can discuss openly the consequences of this incident, we must show them, blah, blah, blah.
    I mean Murdoch's rag shows a very young naked woman every day, usually cavorting in a sexually explicit pose, a great British tradition, putting women in their place, every day of every week in every shop in the land.

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment