Register to Comment

The Peter Matthews Wobble and U Turn on Vincent Browne

The Peter Matthews Wobble

The other day in the Dail Fine Gael TD Peter Matthews appeared to “Wobble” in relation to his questioning on the Fiscal Union Treaty that Leader Enda Kenny had agreed to with 24 member states at the EU Summit he attended.

Peter Matthews was getting angry in the Dail and made some very good comments in relation to our debts and this new treaty which goes against the party line.

It appeared to Vincent Browne at least that Peter Matthews was now tip toeing on egg shells in regards to Fine Gael policy and this was contrary to his own beliefs.

However the very next day it appears Peter Matthews had done a complete U turn and was now in full support of Fine Gael Policy and stated he felt he would remain a TD to at least the term of government.

Very strange behaviour from a man who claims to be independent of the party and stands for his principles.

Enjoy this edited Version.

Sign in or Register Now to reply

It must be a close thing between VB, Bugsy Malone & Joe Duffy as who is the MAIN MEDIA MUPPET.

Peter may go to confessions................

Peter Matthews is no George Lee.

Matthews knows what is right, but is not up to it. Matthews does not have the courage to stick to his own inner compass.

Matthews, you have lost me. Many others also no doubt.

Get back in your box Peter, you'll never be elected again by the gullible middle class of SD. Perhaps you should concern yourself with the big FG issues like keeping the Vatican Embassy open.

He said in the clip he wasn't fully up to speed on Dail procedures. But I guess he probably *was* pretty pissed off that he wasn't able to get his point across. The frustration was palpable.

Nevertheless he's a pretty smart guy, and I reckon he's aware there's a longer game being played here. I doubt he'll jump ship. I think he actually enjoys being a TD and doesn't have George Lee's delusions of grandeur.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment