Register to Comment
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Like Tree173Likes

No retraction,in fact the shameful action of withdrawing the carer occurred this week. the lady who was doing the job retired the previous Friday.I have heard that Ming has been informed although i cannot confirm. however, I am assured that neighbours are contacting all opposition TDs, This disgrace must be rectified. We live in hope that the position Pat Kenny adapted the other day wil be the start of a new era in calling the government to account.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    No retraction,in fact the shameful action of withdrawing the carer occurred this week. the lady who was doing the job retired the previous Friday.I have heard that Ming has been informed although i cannot confirm. however, I am assured that neighbours are contacting all opposition TDs, This disgrace must be rectified.
    Well I'd take anything Luke Flanagan says with a hefty grain of salt, if I were you.

Well. i can understand that Roscommon has a very bad reputation after what Mr Kenny and Reilly did to Dennis Naughton.however, the electorate are very confident so far that Ming is not yet tainted in any way,his organisation has received a boost since the Local chairman of Fine Gael chairman resigned saying he wanted nothing more to do with the party as it was in a complete shambles. The people in Roscommon were annoyed,just like it was so hard to listen to the waffling of Mr McHugh the other morning.

Twitter
    @

Quote Originally Posted by turdsl View Post
    No retraction,in fact the shameful action of withdrawing the carer occurred this week. the lady who was doing the job retired the previous Friday.I have heard that Ming has been informed although i cannot confirm. however, I am assured that neighbours are contacting all opposition TDs, This disgrace must be rectified. We live in hope that the position Pat Kenny adapted the other day wil be the start of a new era in calling the government to account.
    Let's get this straight then.

According to the Book of Turdsl,

Some carer in Roscommon was forced to retire last Friday because of the 40 special advisers that Enda Kenny had appointed (allegedly) ....

Then, because Pat Kenny was impatient with Joe McHugh on RTE on Tuesday ........

the HSE West withdrew the retired carer - again because of Enda Kenny's 40 advisers .......

so the neighbours have got on to Mung Pothead and other local impotent opposition TDs ..........

But all is well because Saint Pat Kenny will save the day.

Have I left anything out?

I thought i posted the following 2 hours ago. Anyway here goes again.

As one who criticised the media for years for being too obsequious to previous governments I have to support Pat Kenny for being hard on one of the representatives of the present government.

An example of what went on during the previous government is the media coverage of former Taoiseach Ahern's appearance at the tribunal.

The most powerful politician in the land was being asked to account for his actions while holding high public office. That seemed to me to be the essence of democracy. Yet a newspaper said that 'healthy political discourse was being demeaned' as a result.

The tribunal was also described as being 'McCarthyite' and a frenzied 'stampede to mediocrity'.

Government politicians also described criticism of the Taoiseach then as 'treachery towards one’s country' and an 'act of treason'.

Criticism of the powerful in a democracy treason?

Nearly ninety years after it was founded we, therefore, need to keep reminding ourselves that this is a democratic republic in which all of us are entitled to know, through the actions of a free press, what powerful politicians get up to in high government office.

We also need to remind ourselves that in a functioning democracy all of us are free to criticise those who hold power on our behalf.

I do not think the present government should be expected to reverse the damage of a decade or more of mistakes. I do, however, expect them to be held to account daily.

The reason we are bankrupt now is that the members of the previous government, bank boards etc were not held to account and exposed in time.

That should not happen again.

But when laws are passed, whether they agree with them or not, public representatives should not encourage ordinary people to disobey.

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    Let's get this straight then.

According to the Book of Turdsl,

Some carer in Roscommon was forced to retire last Friday because of the 40 special advisers that Enda Kenny had appointed (allegedly) ....

Then, because Pat Kenny was impatient with Joe McHugh on RTE on Tuesday ........

the HSE West withdrew the retired carer - again because of Enda Kenny's 40 advisers .......

so the neighbours have got on to Mung Pothead and other local impotent opposition TDs ..........

But all is well because Saint Pat Kenny will save the day.

Have I left anything out?

Yes, you have. however, considering the evening that is in it. i will be generous and just say
    sarcasm and name calling is never a subsitute for good conversation or normal intelligence
    Happy Christmas.

Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment