Register to Comment
Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Like Tree241Likes

Hopefully. I'd love to see those cúnts who spent their careers attacking public sector workers and the unemployed scrounging in garbage bins for scraps and sleeping in the bushes at the Dublin City Council building.
    Last edited by antiestablishmentarian; 27th November 2011 at 10:41 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

This was the first Sunday when I just didn't bother buying any paper breaking a 30+ year habit. They just aren't worth the cover price.

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Bates View Post

William Martyn Murphy is probably turning in his grave.
    God I hope so. Hope someone buried him with a splinter up his arse!

Going to echo the previous poster who said that ultimately, all traditional newspapers are going to suffer --especially in the advanced economies. And good riddance. It's a communication medium that's had it's day at the top.

There will probably be a place for print for a decade or two (based on price-point alone and aimed at those who cannot afford the next wave of Internet devices), but when cheap, newspaper-like, Internet-connected devices really take off, it'll be curtains for newspapers as we have come to know them.

In the case of The Sunday Independent, I don't think a single tear will be shed except by those directly involved. The salty wetness trickling down their cynical cheeks will cause some inner bewilderment amongst many of their writers, since they can no longer tell the difference between their crocodile tears and the real thing.

I mourn the death of the novel more.

Hah, I see there was a slight boost in value when O'Reilly announced he would be stepping down. The fact that his son and Denis O'Brien are engaged in a very public and extremely childish spat can't be encouraging market confidence.

I will shed no tears for the demise of Independent newspapers....I will be happy to dance on their grave and hope that William Martyn Murphy is screaming underneath as well...

Oh it would be brilliant.

The Indo, Sindo and Evening Herald - It'd be brilliant.

I just hope that when it happens no other media outlets will give the so-called "journalists" who work for INM any positions.

I'd love to see those eejits on the dole queue

The time is fast arriving when all newspapers will be free or almost free and depend on mostly advertising to exist. This means there will be a lot less. I hope the first to go is the Evening Herald an absolutely terrible paper. IMHO.

Nothing can be worse than the Sindo. I for one will be happy to see an end to it and its cretenous scribblers

Quote Originally Posted by antiestablishmentarian View Post
    Hopefully. I'd love to see those cúnts who spent their careers attacking public sector workers and the unemployed scrounging in garbage bins for scraps and sleeping in the bushes at the Dublin City Council building.
    The people who are responsible for this are not really journalists. There are journalists in IN&M but we just don't hear that much from them. The people you are referring to are loud mouths and brash opinionated lick arses. Personally as much as I dislike the Indo and Sindo, I would not want to see anyone lose their job. The people you refer to will get what is due to them one day.

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment