Register to Comment
Page 60 of 439 FirstFirst ... 10 505859606162 70 110 160 ... LastLast
Like Tree1119Likes

Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    Do you think Gary Glitter was a prisoner of conscience?
    I laughed at first at your comment. But pedophiles, perverts and their apologists like to convince themselves it is true love.

Whilst making no comparison, the teacher who absconded to France with his 15 year old charge had less than 10 when he was caught and 10 does not go very far split 2 ways. God knows what was going on in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskavo View Post
    I came across this interesting piece by Rixon Stewart who contributes to a website called Truthseeker., it seems Jimmy had a penchant for young boys as well. Here is what he had to say:

Times Online
    They don't actually present any evidence; at least you don't. Some of the key things for me:
    1. Are all weirdos dangerous and guilty? Witness the landlord in the Jo Yeates murder case.
    2. Can a light be shone on those who hide in the open?

It would be good if social workers could tell us just how widely is the abuse of children. It could well be Saville figured his good works outweighed his bad. On a simple scale they do but to those he (may have) abused, and to those who lose trust in others as a result, that is not the case.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Another loon who thinks Savilles good deeds outweighs his bad ones.

Absolute total lunacy. Though I shouldn't be surprised sine mad mary thinks abuse victims should feel ashamed

Quote Originally Posted by picador View Post
    Is your response to this growing scandal at all coloured by the fact that Savile was a Catholic who had been decorated by the Pope?

Because it shouldn't be. There is as yet no suggestion that Savile's crimes were facilitated by the Church.

Actually no. I had never associated Saville with Catholicism. The only time he entered my radar was when he did a 10km run for CRC in Dublin and a friend of mine went on it. I was bot a big fan of either TOTP or Jim will Fix it.

For anyone raising money, he would have been a huge plus. I am amazed he was apparently allowed roam girls' dorms. You would imagine some ADULT would have said something.

The Pope decorating someone, Counts Plunkett and McCormack apart, would be a minus in my book.

I have listened to some English radio today and ex pop heads are still defending him. I simply don't know. And nor do I know why adults abuse children or anyone else. Nor do I know why psychopaths do what they do. I watched a programme on that topic some weeks ago by the producer of this programme and thought it was crap.

All I hope is good comes out of this and a lid is lifted on abuse, past and present.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskavo View Post
    I came across this interesting piece by Rixon Stewart who contributes to a website called Truthseeker., it seems Jimmy had a penchant for young boys as well. Here is what he had to say:

The only problem is the claims of murder etc, were proven to be false, created by media hysteria.

The "remains" were animal bones when studied forensically.

So Jimmy Saville was a bit naughty with teenage girls, that hardly makes him the devil.

He hosted Top Of The Pops, they would have been throwing themselves at him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ifor Bach View Post
    I just don't happen to like 'witch-hunts', that's all.
    Really, how very strange.

When there's a witch hunt aimed at some Irish republican politician or other on this board, you become highly excited & animated & quickly promote yourself to witchfinder general.

But when a wierd Englishman is the subject of a witch hunt you become so very squeamish.

Why do you reckon that is?

Quote Originally Posted by rant_and_rave View Post
    Esther Rantzen will hang Jimmy Savile.

.ie[/url]
    In the words of one British periodical, from beyond the grave, Jim has fixed it for her to get back on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris555 View Post
    The only problem is the claims of murder etc, were proven to be false, created by media hysteria.

So Jimmy Saville was a bit naughty with teenage girls, that hardly makes him the devil.

It wasn't all false.

A three-year long 7.5m investigation by Jersey police into historic child abuse in the island's care homes began after allegations of abuse at former children's home Haut de la Garenne.

From September 2007, police took 1,776 statements from 192 alleged victims, identifying 151 alleged abusers.

Seven people were successfully prosecuted.
    BBC News - Jimmy Savile named in Jersey children's home abuse inquiry

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris555 View Post

Just like all those children who "seduced" those poor Priests.

You absolute bottom feeder.

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    He must like phucking I5 year olds.

One of his alter ego's used to brag about the amount of fanny he got, little did we realise he was talking about impressionable girls.
    Hes channelling JS! Dybbuk!

Did Terry Wogan and all the other worthies of BBC know of Sir Jimmy's activities? Will all of this turn out a bit like Gerry Ryan's colleagues 'I knew nothing' or keep mouth shut and hunker down approach in the hope it all blows over? Or will it be a bit like Gerry Adam's approach in brazening it out when confronted when allegations that he did nothing when informed of alleged child abuse by his sibling?

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment