Register to Comment
Page 1 of 1824 12311511015011001 ... LastLast
Like Tree12852Likes

Marian Finucane, why?

Direct quote.

"I saw a headline on the cover of the Irish Times."

This must be the, 'hours of research,' she was telling us about. She got about 20 minutes airtime out of that.

The three peices I listened to were some of the laziest, most dirivative, and inane rubbish I've listened to in some time.

She seems to be just back from about three months away.

Can someone remind me, just how much we're paying for this tripe?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Estragon View Post
    Direct quote.

This must be the, 'hours of research,' she was telling us about. She got about 20 minutes airtime out of that.

The three peices I listened to were some of the laziest, most dirivative, and inane rubbish I've listened to in some time.

I have not the vaguest notion. But whatever it is, it's way too much for that boring, sanctimonious old moo!

shush now for fear she'll declare that she's considering a run for the presidency

Quote Originally Posted by Estragon View Post
    Direct quote.

She is obscenely paid 570k a year for this tripe - she had Bobby Ballagh on again telling his personal soty for the umpteenth time. Back after her long holidays, I suppose she was away in Africa doing some research, or maybe interesting herself in animals rights, or landmine work, like British Royalty.

She is very poor with her interviews and I feel at times totally out of depth with many subjects. Clare Byrne was good during her prolonged summer holidays.
    Really RTE need to get rid of these type presenters (Joe Duffy etc) and allow new talent on.

Quote Originally Posted by wicklowperson View Post
    She is very poor with her interviews and I feel at times totally out of depth with many subjects. Clare Byrne was good during her prolonged summer holidays.
    Really RTE need to get rid of these type presenters (Joe Duffy etc) and allow new talent on.
    That is assuming that the current shower of chancers are "old" talent. I don't believe that there is any form of talent in the RTE swamp!

Its one of the disgraces of those times the huge salaries Finucane, Duffy, Tubs, Plank etc are paid. How can they address the economic situation. Have they no shame, nor has RTE which allows this to go on ?

It's pointless complaining about her level of (non)talent,
    She is simply a product of what you always get when you have
    State run massively subsidised media, as is evidenced by messers kenny, Duffy and tubs et al, (exhibit A - last nights LLS).

But don't despair, they are all living on borrowed time (and money), the accelerating economic realignment will call last orders for them and their bosses!

I wish Marion all the best in her attempts to find a private company that will match her current salary, or 50% of it, or 20% or even 10%,

How much are George and Ivan getting at newstalk, or vinny and the various newsbabes
    over at TV3, they are all on a fraction of the rte wages and like them or not they pull in ratings and revenue!

Market forces rule baby!

PS - "Expose" is not classed as a news programme!

She embodies the problem with the whole system in this country and the west in general: The old guard won't retire and have extremely good pay and conditions. They have amassed large amounts of wealth and they won't share it with their children. The younger generation are in extended penury and are not getting any chance to get out. It's like what Brendan Keenan said to Vincent Browne when Browne was ranting on about the economy:

"Look, if we don't want to consign a whole generation to emigration people like you and me will have to accept a thirty percent cut in our wealth." Browne was speechless! I'd say more like fifty percent, at least.

These are general statements BTW. I'm well aware that many older people have it tough, but in general, they hold most of the cards and they ain't playin' the game!

RTE is a blood-sucking leech on Irish society.

These elite few have been receiving heavy cheque's in their letterbox for decades now at the expense of the people that do not, nor have not listened to RTE programming in their lives - where is the fairness in that?
    RTE is a scam. Privatise it and let the market rip all these parasites to shreds.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment