Register to Comment
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

now have to agree with the majority of the posters on this one, a person private life is there own, what people get up to behind closed doors is there own business once it is not deemed an illegal act in the state, however if a person was gay/lesbian and was preaching and voting against legislation that was going to improve the lifes of gay and lesbians then if in those circumstances I would out them, but it is easy for me to say that without been in such a position to do so.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Strange that the most proper and commendable moral outcry, against invasion of privacy in terms of sexuality, would be championed by some who would endorse all manner of fabrication, smear and innuendo against pracitising Republicans. You can't have it both ways Future Taoiseach (no pun intended).

How does someones sexuality have any remit to be of "public interest". Its hardly censorship - and I generally don't believe in censorship (there are some exceptions - paedophiles etc) but this isn't censorship. It has no relevance. Its a dirty sordid little attack that you're getting self gratification out of. Piss off and die!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobb
    If a straight TD was frequenting prostitutes wouldn't that be a matter of legitimate public interest.
    If a gay TD is frequenting gay saunas then the public has a right to know it.
    Well if someone can be caught with rent boys up in the phoenix park and then go on to be a junior minister then what's the point of giving his name. And by the way one of todays senior minister's was seen leaving a brothel back in the 80s when he was a junior minister. Didn't stop his career going upwards

Quote Originally Posted by KeithM
    If the story is in the public interest (and that is debatable)
    Is it? Who would debate it and how would they make their case? I cannot think of a single excuse for making it public.

Twitter
    @

Why would this be in the public interest?

To be fair to KeithM he isn't outing the person. I would assume he is thinking along the lines that this TD is paying for sex which is prostitution and illegal.

If this is just another attack on the homosexual culture and society in Ireland it should be condemned and treated with the scorn it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Kf
    If a straight TD was frequenting prostitutes wouldn't that be a matter of legitimate public interest.
    The first activity is illegal, the second isn't.
    How's that then? Gay prostitution is legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Kf
    The first activity is illegal, the second isn't.
    Really? Isnt that a bit unfair?

I mean its ok for homosexuals to run businesses that allow strangers to meet and to engage in sexual activities with one another, but for hetrosexuals it is illegal??

if the man commi6tted a fime then i6t is in the pubklic interest, thankfully being gay is not a crime so that sghould be the end of it..

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment