Register to Comment
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Ben Gilroy avoids the slammer

Far right former leader of Direct Democracy Ireland has just missed out on a taste of porridge after he received a suspended sentence for contempt of court.

He posted on social media referring to a judge as a member of a satanic cult. DDI constantly undermined legal services in this country claiming they were invalid under law and that as Freemen they were above the law. Seems Ben reckoned that one of the learned friends was in league with the devil himself.

Ben Gilroy received 6.5% of the vote in a by election in 2013 in Meath East.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...ence-1.3483542
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

I spent a fair bit of time in the Sean Mc Dermott St Magdeline Laundry visiting my aunt the Nun during the sixties and seventies.. it was mostly on Saturday’s and Sunday’s

The “girls” as they were called were very friendly towards myself and brother.. we’d spend a lot of time sliding on the polished corridors and diving into the wicker basket’s full of blankets in the laundry..

We’d have Kimberley and Micado biscuits with white lemonade in the Parlour while our parents had tea and sandwiches from china tea cups,,

I remember Dickie Rock doing a concert there.. “Spit On Me Dickie” the girls screamed!.

We’d watch Shirly Temple movies on an old Bulls Eye Telly on the stage on Sunday afternoons..

The “Girls” would share Quality Street sweets with us..

My aunt the nun would teach the girls embroidery and sell their work to Arnotts and give the girls the money to spend in the tuck shop she set up for them..

It wasn’t all bad.

I recall my aunt the Nun wearing very heavy Nuns clothes in the steamy laundry on hot summer days

Quote Originally Posted by Pabilito View Post
    I spent a fair bit of time in the Sean Mc Dermott St Magdeline Laundry visiting my aunt the Nun during the sixties and seventies.. it was mostly on Saturday’s and Sunday’s

The “girls” as they were called were very friendly towards myself and brother.. we’d spend a lot of time sliding on the polished corridors and diving into the wicker basket’s full of blankets in the laundry..

We’d have Kimberley and Micado biscuits with white lemonade in the Parlour while our parents had tea and sandwiches from china tea cups,,

I remember Dickie Rock doing a concert there.. “Spit On Me Dickie” the girls screamed!.

We’d watch Shirly Temple movies on an old Bulls Eye Telly on the stage on Sunday afternoons..

My aunt the nun would teach the girls embroidery and sell their work to Arnotts and give the girls the money to spend in the tuck shop she set up for them..
    It wasn’t all bad.
    Jeepers your done for now....

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Not a all - sure it reads like a short story by Frank O'Connor or Brendan Behan.

Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post
    Far right former leader of Direct Democracy Ireland has just missed out on a taste of porridge after he received a suspended sentence for contempt of court.

He posted on social media referring to a judge as a member of a satanic cult. DDI constantly undermined legal services in this country claiming they were invalid under law and that as Freemen they were above the law. Seems Ben reckoned that one of the learned friends was in league with the devil himself.

Ben Gilroy received 6.5% of the vote in a by election in 2013 in Meath East.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...ence-1.3483542
    Why would he apologise to an institution that he apparently doesn't believe has any authority over him ?

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpast View Post
    Yes, but I was actually there.. inside the place many many times.. how many posters here were?

Incidentally the gardens were beautiful with a waterfall and a beautiful green wooden wendy house.

There was also a separate walled off gnome garden.. we weren’t allowed to go there.. we could just see the gnomes through the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by sadmal View Post
    Not a all - sure it reads like a short story by Frank O'Connor or Brendan Behan.
    I'll take that as a compliment.!

Quote Originally Posted by sadmal View Post
    He was there

- you were not.

It wasn’t all bad.

I recall my aunt the Nun wearing very heavy Nuns clothes in the steamy laundry on hot summer days
    So all the women from the laundries are lying and the nuns never sold babies fro 1,000 a shot to Americans?

What fools we've been to think any different.

It wasn’t all bad.

So all the women from the laundries are lying and the nuns never sold babies for 1,000 a shot to Americans?

What fools we've been to think any different.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment