Register to Comment
Page 1 of 27 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Aoibhinn Kenny - expected to inherit her Father's seat - thoroughbred Fianna Gael

Enda is Royalty - Fiounuala O'Kelly, his wife, was talent spotted by PJ Mara, and ended up reporting to The Boos directly in order to keep CJ in power

Moves afoot to get his daughter in after him
    Fifty years a TD for Enda Kenny? It
    Taoiseach’s decision to run again might ease daughter Aoibhinn’s political inheritance

Oliver Callan: Kenny
    The Blueshirt from the West was one of the Taoiseach’s appointees to the Seanad on €65,000 a year plus expenses. The trouble is, the Galway man lives in Chicago.

More importantly though, he gave Enda’s daughter Aoibhinn Kenny a summer job on a J1 visa in 2013.

Billy maintains she “probably got lucky”.

But in an interview on Newstalk admitted: “Why wouldn’t you look after a friend’s daughter?” The relatives of politicians are always so lucky.

Aoibhinn Kenny later got a job as an intern to US Senator Charles E. Schumer last summer.
    She's a big beast...takes after her FFer mum Fionnuala

In her first year, she thought she should be elected to the SU
    Enda's girl Aoibhinn loses election in recount drama - Independent.ie
    This time it was her turn. The first-year UCD law and economics student had made her first tentative foray on to the hustings when she put her name down to run for the part-time post with the students' union of Oifigeach na Gaeilge, or Irish language officer.
    Fight for Kenny's seat is more than a two-horse race - Independent.ie
    Whoever fills the position, which comes with a €87,258 salary and €31,365 worth of unvouched expenses, will need the blessing of the Fine Gael leader to ensure the local support base weighs in behind the new Castlebar candidate.

...the close-knit Kenny family decide the name which he carried from his father Henry should remain on the ballot sheet for another generation. The Taoiseach's daughter, Aoibhinn Kenny, is the best-placed member of the clan to carry the baton for the Islandeady family....was selected for the prestigious Washington Ireland Programme, which prepares ambitious young people for future leadership roles.
    Billy Lawless: Giving Kenny
    Ireland’s first overseas senator Billy Lawless says accusations of cronyism made against him for giving the Taoiseach’s daughter a J1 job are “absolutely ridiculous”.
    He said Aoibhinn Kenny was lucky and she was one of first ones to apply. He said he knew her and “why wouldn’t you look after a friend’s daughter?”
    Even in Myo they've figured him out
    Enda Kenny: Castlebar blows hot and cold on plan to run again
    Quite a few people in the Taoiseach’s home town of Castlebar were scratching their heads yesterday after reading a headline in the Connaught Telegraph saying “Kenny will run again”.
    Should there by a dynastic inheritance like this ? Also what of her start in life ?

cyp
    Last edited by cyberianpan; 14th November 2016 at 11:41 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

So depressing.

Dynasty politics....
    Well think about it.... Hillary??????
    It's not only confined to these green and saintly shores.

But somehow... somehow I had imagined that the up and coming Irish generation were a bit more ...ehhhh, mature... would vote for someone on his merits.

Incidentally, I seem to think I read somewhere that Mrs Enda is or was an FF-er. No?

My son is my son till he gets him a wife
    My daughter's my daughter for the rest of her life.

Mind you they all say

He who would the daughter win
    Must with the mother first begin.

No, of course there shouldn't, it is absurd that political parties pick relatives and it is even more absurd that average Joe thicko here and pretty much everywhere else in the world votes for dynasties.
    I have not the slightest clue what to do about this travesty as even clever and educated people vote along these lines, it is all a part of the same foolishness whereby 95% or so of us care more deeply about our favourite football team and have encyclopaedic knowledge of it, discuss it at deep level with friends and family but are embarrassed to discuss politics beyond an apologetic few comments of an occasion.

Aoibhinn is a nice name. Worth some votes, But not as many as the Kenny name.

It will probably be Paddy Trump the independent gets elected ahead on her by a whisker, hes getting very popular these days.

Evie Evie Evie Evie
    Let your hair hang down
    Evie Evie Evie Evie
    Let your hair hang down
    Evie Evie Evie Evie
    Let your hair hang down
    Evie Evie Evie Evie
    Let your hair hang down

So won't you try it baby
    I'll take you by the hand
    'Cos there's a world out there for you
    To know and understand
    You gotta chance so take it
    You gotta pick and choose
    Why don't you just give it one more try
    You know you can't lose

I'm uncomfortable about the way you go after the blueshirts cYP.

Now I've gone after them for years, don't get me wrong, they're legitimate targets, but you make it very personal. Did you edit the photo in the OP?

Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    I'm uncomfortable about the way you go after the blueshirts cYP.

Now I've gone after them for years, don't get me wrong, they're legitimate targets, but you make it very personal. Did you edit the photo in the OP?
    Whats more personal than the Darling Daughter being groomed for succession in Mayo-God-Help-Us?

Havent you figured out by now that all politics here is personal? Who do you think inherits the seats?

Page 1 of 27 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment