Register to Comment
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Proud to be Irish - again.

Quote Originally Posted by NotDevsSon
    All the result shows is that the Irish people are gullible as hell and fell for the 100% lies told by the No side on abortion, tax, privatisation, non-existent conscription, etc etc, every one of which was totally untrue.
    Disgraceful comment NDS.. you should be ashamed of yourself

Did all the Yes voters read and fully understand the Treaty ?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by rockofcashel
    All the result shows is that the Irish people are gullible as hell and fell for the 100% lies told by the No side on abortion, tax, privatisation, non-existent conscription, etc etc, every one of which was totally untrue.

eh's without question 100% right on abortion, privatision and and conscription - with questions ver tax (unfounded - but questined) and nothing disgraceful about it. Idiots voting over conscription.. i mean jesus, at least read some of the bloody literature.

Of course they did and you are naive in even discussion this with NDS who must be the troll of the year at this stage!

Yesterdays result was a disgrace, I am appalled and sickened, I am nauseous. Ireland is now the leper of Europe, we have callously slapped our generous benefactors in the face and pissed on progress. Shame doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingStock
    Yesterdays result was a disgrace, I am appalled and sickened, I am nauseous. Ireland is now the leper of Europe, we have callously slapped our generous benefactors in the face and pissed on progress. Shame doesn't even begin to describe how I feel right now.
    Are you familiar with self-flagellation? You big girls blouse.

I have nothing to be ashamed about. The treaty did not change the EU's powers on abortion on iota, did not change our veto on tax, while 188C 4 b fully protected health, education an social services from privatisation, destination taxes are impossible to introduce under EU competition rules, conscription was bullsh1t yet that didn't stop Coir telling parents outside schools to vote no or their children would be conscripted. It also didn't stop them putting lies on leaflets about 20% EU tax, and about the EU introduce mandatory 1 parent families.

I have nothing to be ashamed about. The same cannot be said for Sinn Fein, Coir and Libertas who told lie after lie after lie and who privately used to laugh about the fact that, in the words of one Coir member I know "there are so many dumb people out there" who would believe every wild claim they made. Sinn Fein could perhaps explain why they lied about the Referendum Commission's comments on tax, issuing press releases saying that the referendum commission "agreed" with SF even after the commission made it explicitly clear that they did not, twice. And why indeed Ferris was issuing press releases demanding the EU Commission issue a statement on Ireland's WTO veto ONE WEEK after the Commission HAD issued a statement, a statement at the time SF DELIBERATELY misquoted.

I have nothing to be ashamed about. The treaty did not change the EU's powers on abortion on iota, did not change our veto on tax, while 188C 4 b fully protected health, education an social services from privatisation, destination taxes are impossible to introduce under EU competition rules, conscription was bullsh1t yet that didn't stop Coir telling parents outside schools to vote no or their children would be conscripted. It also didn't stop them putting lies on leaflets about 20% EU tax, and about the EU introduce mandatory 1 parent families.

I have nothing to be ashamed about. The same cannot be said for Sinn Fein, Coir and Libertas who told lie after lie after lie and who privately used to laugh about the fact that, in the words of one Coir member I know "there are so many dumb people out there" who would believe every wild claim they made. Sinn Fein could perhaps explain why they lied about the Referendum Commission's comments on tax, issuing press releases saying that the referendum commission "agreed" with SF even after the commission made it explicitly clear that they did not, twice. And why indeed Ferris was issuing press releases demanding the EU Commission issue a statement on Ireland's WTO veto ONE WEEK after the Commission HAD issued a statement, a statement at the time SF DELIBERATELY misquoted.
    Ah jaysus NDS..I accept you're not the moronic twat that was The Analyser who got last years election embarrassingly wrong but still...you lost again (oops, I said again when it should have read 'you lost'). Be dignified and decent in defeat. It behoves you to be respectable (I've wanted to use that word since I heard it on telly last night). Anyway, you can detect the respect you have here NDS...

You're all a disgrace. You should be ashamed of yourselves.

You are absolutely delusional.

We certainly did our rep as the isle of scholars no end of damage anyway - with the "vote no if you don't understand" ploy. Given that 30 % seems to have done just and many more voted on the basis of non-existent fears - we look like fools. I can see all those "Thick Paddy" jokes making a revival.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment