Register to Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: The Referendum Commission - Credibility in tatters

Here's a question: How many PR firms or legal firms in Dublin have NO political connections of any kind?

If Papinian can point me to any, then perhaps this attack on the Referendum Commission might be worthy of comment
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

well i STILL havent got my referendum commission booklet so theyre not exactly doing a sterling job in my eyes.

TBH when they couldnt even answer questions at their OWN press confrence they lost the rest of it with me. add in the gutting it got after NICE one and its basically a non entitiy puppet show . just look at the fecking radio adds their running.

5 million quid down the drain if you ask me.

If there is a narrow yes vote. Could this be a basis for a challenge by patricia mckenna & co? I remember des hanafin failing re divorce but could this be viewed as substantial skulduggery?

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach
    The Commission are just political-appointees and lack credibility.
    A High Court judge, the Ombudsaman and the clerks of the Dail and Seanad - just political appointees? Attacking them, rather than the fact that there appears to be no actual reason to vote yes (other than the supposed effects of a no vote), does not seem to be good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by eurosceptic
    If there is a narrow yes vote. Could this be a basis for a challenge by patricia mckenna & co? I remember des hanafin failing re divorce but could this be viewed as substantial skulduggery?
    So a High Court judge (former solicitor or barrister) is going to overturn the resut of the electorate, because the legal advisors to an independent statutory body headed by one their colleagues, received legal advice from a firm of solicitors who have many clients? I think not.

I stated on another thread that if links are shown between their Legal Advisors and the parties supporting the YES campaign that they should take the only honourable course open to them and resign...

I honestly feel totally and utterly conned by these people!

This is Disgraceful!

I certainly think that one of the groups opposing the Lisbon Treaty ought to highlight this in the Media prior to Thursday's vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalpa
    I stated on another thread that if links are shown between their Legal Advisors and the parties supporting the YES campaign that they should take the only honourable course open to them and resign...

I honestly feel totally and utterly conned by these people!

This is Disgraceful!

I certainly think that one of the groups opposing the Lisbon Treaty ought to highlight this in the Media prior to Thursday's vote.
    It is very hard to imagine there are legal advisors in the country that haven't at one stage or another had clients from either the yes or the no sides.

Apart from that, a notable feature about the campaign is that no legal firm has challenged any of the clarifications that the Referendum Commission have issued.

This is Disgraceful!

The People's Movement has issued a press statement. See:
    http://www.people.ie/english1.html
    (second item from the top).

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Fogey
    This is Disgraceful!

Funny how nobody on this of all sites has mentioned this statement on the same topic: http://www.libertas.org/content/view/299/1/

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Fogey
    This is Disgraceful!

Good for you!

Please ask all the attendees at tomorrows meeting to either individually or jointly issue a Statement highlighting what has happened.

Make it clear to the journalists covering the event that it would be greatly appreciated if this was given prominent coverage prior to Thusrday.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment