Register to Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Odey denies funding Ganley no campaign

In a last minute intervention, Crispin Odey, whom an article by Nick Webb in the Irish Independent had accused of having "bankrolled" "Declan Ganley’s ‘No to Lisbon Campaign", has denied funding the Libertas "no" campaign in Ireland. In 2 faxes issued to RTE and TV3 today and disclosed by a source to me, he demands that RTE and TV3 issue clarifications by 12 noon today to that affect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odey Fax
    1. I have never contributed to any political campaigns in Ireland conducted by Mr Declan Ganley or any other group.

2. I contributed a sum of money in May this year to the campaign of a British citizen who was standing as a candidate for Pro-Democracy Libertas UK in the European elections because she is a personal friend of mine.

Please confirm by fax by 12 noon today that you have published a clarification of any inaccuracies that may have arisen by reason of any broadcast or publication by yourselves.
    Underlines once more that the "yes" campaign has resorted to disgraceful smears in an effort to distract the Irish people from the surrender of Irish sovereignty and democracy under the Lisbon Treaty.

Sign in or Register Now to reply

And there's me thinking ODEY was Opus Dei...

There's more muck racking going on than at the ploughing championships.
    (I thought it was Opus Dei too)

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach View Post
    In a last minute intervention, Crispin Odey, whom an article by Nick Webb in the Irish Independent had accused of having "bankrolled" "Declan Ganley’s ‘No to Lisbon Campaign", has denied funding the Libertas "no" campaign in Ireland. In 2 faxes issued to RTE and TV3 today and disclosed by a source to me, he demands that RTE and TV3 issue clarifications by 12 noon today to that affect.
    Underlines once more that the "yes" campaign has resorted to disgraceful smears in an effort to distract the Irish people from the surrender of Irish sovereignty and democracy under the Lisbon Treaty.

So he's confirmed that he's funded Pro-Democracy: Libertas.eu, Ganley's party in Britain.

That means he's 'bankrolled' Ganley's Libertas.

Nice to see confirmation from the horse's mouth.

Did the non-cash support he gave to Libertas.eu also go to his friend, or was that for general party use?

Who's paying for the Yes campaign?

It is a non clarification for as far I know noone ever said he funded Ganley's NO campaign here this year , Yawn..........

FT where did you get the faxes?

Quote Originally Posted by marmurr1916 View Post
    So he's confirmed that he's funded Pro-Democracy: Libertas.eu, Ganley's party in Britain.

Nice to see confirmation from the horse's mouth.

Did the non-cash support he gave to Libertas.eu also go to his friend, or was that for general party use?
    The Legatus links, the Christian party links, the Ascoughs, linking Alive magazine, Legatus, the Iona Institute and super aristocrats to Ganley .
    KIt is celar that far right ultra conservative "christian" fat cats and unelected elites like Tom Monaghan (Legatus), Garret Kelleher (Legatus), Crispen Odey and more are typical and Libertas is a party of Christian fundmentalism that supports ultra capitalism on the Reagan model.

Quote Originally Posted by redpath View Post
    It is a non clarification for as far I know noone ever said he funded Ganley's NO campaign here this year , Yawn..........

FT where did you get the faxes?
    You think I'd tell you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmurr1916
    The Independent article said Odey had "bankrolled" "Declan Ganley’s ‘No to Lisbon Campaign". That was a grossly misleading article because it implied they he was funding the no campaign in Ireland. That is not the case. He has not spent any money on the "no" campaign in Ireland, or on the election campaigns of any Irish politicians. So bringing hin into this is a disgraceful smear for which Brian Lenihan and the Independent should apologise to Declan Ganley for. The donation was last May. It is the height of hypocrisy for the "yes" campaign - and particularly Fianna Fáil - to lecture others on funding. Have they already forgotten why Bertie was forced out? Have the forgotten Ray Burke and the tax-evasion conviction? Have they forgotten the shenanigans of Eamon Bates, the pro-Lisbon lobbyist linked to "Europe for Ireland", sending this email to Brussels' lobbyists seeking funds for the "yes" campaign? The hypocrisy is unbelievable. They are the ones with questions to answer - not Ganley. This country is plastered in yes posters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eamon Bates email
    Personally, I do not think it was right to ask the Irish to vote again. However, now there is a rerun, I am convinced it would be wrong to allow a second No vote to occur…Powerful and misleading campaigning against the Lisbon Treaty is under way and making inroads once again. Declan Ganley, who was so destructive in the first campaign, has re-entered the public debate bringing considerable financial resources to bear…If your company believes in a strong EU, then now is definitely the time to contribute financially.
    SIPO regulations ban foreign-donations:
    Quote Originally Posted by SIPO
    Section 23(A)(2) of the Act provides that a third party may not accept a “foreign donation”. A foreign donation is a donation from an individual (other than an Irish citizen) who resides outside the island of Ireland or a donation from a body corporate or unincorporated body of persons which does not keep an office in the island of Ireland from which one or more of its principal activities is directed. If a foreign donation is received the third party must return the donation to the donor and keep a record of its return or remit the donation to the Standards Commission.
    It is an offence for the responsible person of a third party to fail to take the appropriate action in relation to a prohibited donation.
    Last edited by FutureTaoiseach; 30th September 2009 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach View Post
    You think I'd tell you. The Independent article said Odey had "bankrolled" "Declan Ganley’s ‘No to Lisbon Campaign".
    Declan Ganley's Libertas campaign during the European Parliament elections in June was a No to Lisbon Campaign.

He said so himself.

Exactly so you are working for Libertas' press dept too, god lord , how many posters here are working for Ganley/

odey is denying something he was never accused of.

seriously weak no story FT

and again where did you get these faxes
    are you a paid employee of Libertas?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment