Register to Comment
Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast

Sinn Fein surge - Limerick Post poll

According to the frontpage of tomorrows Limerick Post there has been a big rise in support for Sinn Fein in Limerick.

The poll is based on the votes of visitors to their website.

The story can be seen here in their online edition.

http://www.limerickpost.ie/digital/2.../pageflip.html

LOL I'd say that Willie O'Dea will not be sleeping tonight as the poll shows a massive collapse in the Fianna Fail vote.

Obviously this poll is unscientific & not in tune with the professional national polls but it provides food for thought nevertheless.

Screen grab from electronic edition of Limerick Post
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

So its just an online poll subject to simple ballot stuffing? Lol . . .

Id say SF will rise substantially in Limerick though, no doubt about that. Anyone on the doorsteps will tell you that far more voters are seriously considering SF in this election.

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post
    According to the frontpage of tomorrows Limerick Post there has been a big rise in support for Sinn Fein in Limerick.

LOL I'd say that Willie O'Dea will not be sleeping tonight as the poll shows a massive collapse in the Fianna Fail vote.

Obviously this poll is unscientific & not in tune with the professional national polls but it provides food for thought nevertheless.

My other half is from limerick - She pointed that out me on their facebook page - SF leading the way ,FG in second place, then lab.

Sure its unscientific - but its a good indicator of the 18-35 age group - Limerick and Shannon have always been republican strongholds

Surely Willie couldn't lose over 2 quotas? - will all the auld wans still vote for him?

If Willie is trouble - then FF are looking at meltdown all over the gaff.
    Last edited by Edo; 3rd February 2011 at 12:57 AM.

Online poll. Brilliant

Why not have the entire election online? Here's to the SF overall majority!

Quote Originally Posted by Stating the Obvious View Post
    Online poll. Brilliant

Why not have the entire election online? Here's to the SF overall majority!
    Its actually embarrassing that any sort of newspaper would make such a story out of an online poll.

It wont do SF any good in Limerick if the constituents think they are on course to takeover the show.

As Sierra said, and judging from the evidence here on politics.ie, SF are well enough organised to get this in place. The Labour percentage seems unreasonably low given other reports of what is happening on the ground.

And yet, it is still significant. Which parties' supporters are motivated enough to get involved in something like this is also indicative of the trend. Willie does need to worry.

Lets hope FF dont get a seat there. Maurice deserves to take a seat from them.

Sweet justice.

I'm in Limerick and as it stands, I am confident enough I will be going SF unless something drastic happens. Friend of mine, never voted before, going SF too in GE.
    Tbh, something completely different is required now. What is happening now to the country is completely different to anything my generation (80's babies) has experienced, so why not try something different. All the complete lefties are too extreme and too radical but why not SF. Pearse is making a lot of sense to me.
    Also, they are clearly pissing labour off...which I like

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
    Its actually embarrassing that any sort of newspaper would make such a story out of an online poll.

It wont do SF any good in Limerick if the constituents think they are on course to takeover the show.
    they are all at it - the Kilkenny people sent a bunch of secondary school kids out to conduct a poll since christmas- the results were all over the gaff - this polling malarkey is getting out of hand - you should need a licence for it.

Quote Originally Posted by williewatch View Post

Limerick Post

Screen grab from electronic edition of Limerick Post
    I don't think that an online poll has any credibility - stuffing, probelms of accessibility, etc

Page 1 of 13 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment