Register to Comment
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Like Tree22Likes

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    I was there about 12 years ago, absolutely amazing place - has to be seen to be believed. According to our tour guide, at one stage the County Sheriff (or whatever the equivalent police chief was called) demanded that the Nimbin police crack down on all the dealing and stuff, by mounting constant patrols down each side of the main street - it really is just one street, plus a few alleyways. So the Nimbin police did as they were told. Unfortunately, State law required police to only patrol in pairs, and not to get split up - and how many police were there in Nimbin? That's right, two. So they'd patrol down one side of the street, the dealers would all move to the other side, the police would cross over, the dealers would cross over, and so on and so on and so on.....
    Well, it's half the size of Ballinamore, FFS!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by filter View Post
    Is it true that there's a pro-fracking group called the Manorhamilton Initiative to Legalise Fracking ?
    Properly, but pretty much everyone I know in my local area was against fracking. And Ballinamore (my local area) is in South Leitrim, which is outside the area where the Gas Company is planning to frack. If the people of Ballinamore are anything to go by, a Local Referendum in Leitrim to ban Fracking would be solidly passed.

Before anyone points out that I only have anecdotal evidence, may I point out that Leitrim only has a population of around 31000, and I think that my local community is a pretty good sample size, in all fairness.

Quote Originally Posted by filter View Post
    Is it true that there's a pro-fracking group called the Manorhamilton Initiative to Legalise Fracking ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Toman13 View Post
    Just not in my area.

Although maybe one of the Gaeltacht towns may be game for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Toman13 View Post
    So would Fracking.

Legalising weed in Leitrim would be almost like legalising prostitution in a rural area of Mississippi.......completely bonkers.

It doesn't have to be in anybody's "area" miles and miles of isolated country side in the west of Ireland and in west cork, set it up somewhere like that.

It would be nothing like legalising prostitution in rural mississippi. Two completely different things. I know which one I'd prefer legalised if it was on my doorstep. Out of interest, have you been to rural Mississippi?

Also relax on the rolling eyes smiley. They come across as a bit patronising.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment