Register to Comment
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Fracking in Co. Leitrim : Another Corrib Gas?

As a Leitrim native myself, I am shocked to think that there could be gas in Leitrim. However, while it may sound great to Dubs, It's not so great if you face the prospect of having nearby land fracked. But of course, our concerns don't matter, because it's in the "national interest" to have Leitrim's landscape destroyed just so a multinational can make a profit. I'm starting this because this was mentioned on RTE. Now you know something is going on if even Dublin-centric RTE bothers to report something in Leitrim.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Toman13 View Post
    As a Leitrim native myself, I am shocked to think that there could be gas in Leitrim. However, while it may sound great to Dubs, It's not so great if you face the prospect of having nearby land fracked. But of course, our concerns don't matter, because it's in the "national interest" to have Leitrim's landscape destroyed just so a multinational can make a profit. I'm starting this because this was mentioned on RTE. Now you know something is going on if even Dublin-centric RTE bothers to report something in Leitrim.
    i wonder if there any gas under finglus or ballymun or heaven forbid mooolohide would the dubs be so keen on fracking

Quote Originally Posted by hedzog View Post
    i wonder if there any gas under finglus or ballymun or heaven forbid mooolohide would the dubs be so keen on fracking
    Well, there's oil of the coast of Dublin, in Gilmore's constituency. The locals are opposed, even though it wouldn't be near as bad for them as fracking in Leitrim would for the people of Leitrim.

Fracking in Leitrim would wreck the water supply.

The only part of Ireland that Fracking should be legal in, should be Dublin. Preferably D4.

To be fair, there is oil off the coast of Dalkey. I think Bono's house should be CPO'd to build the terminal.

Tell them to FRACK OFF!

Can you do some fracking under Leinster House ?
    It might shake up some brains !

The people of Leitrim can not sit back and allow the government to walk over them on this issue. An 'anti-Fracking' group should be set up and protests and demonstartions should take place through out Leitrim. The government probably feel that they can take advantage oF a small county. I for one would be willing to protest against this ! Any group that does form in Leitrim should get in touch with the 'Shell to Sea' people in Mayo as I am sure they would support your campaign !

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesiscorporation View Post
    Fracking in Leitrim would wreck the water supply.

The only part of Ireland that Fracking should be legal in, should be Dublin. Preferably D4.
    The water supply is Leitrim is already cr*p, in all fairness.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment