Register to Comment
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

I wish I could put this another way but the Labour party can f*ck right off no matter who is leading them....Frankfurt's way and expensive smartphones forever!!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by devoutcapitalist View Post
    Would you like Labour to return to spouting such garbage again under either Howlin or Kelly?
    Kelly is very different to Howlin. He's probably more Blairite/FF-lite than Howlin.

Quote Originally Posted by jmcc View Post
    Kelly is very different to Howlin. He's probably more Blairite/FF-lite than Howlin.
    He certainly would not look out of place in FF, he'd certainly add a bit of passion to Labour.

Labour are only certain to win Howlin's seat. They really could comeback with just the one seat at which point they will cease to exist in reality as their funding will be miniscule.

He certainly would not look out of place in FF, he'd certainly add a bit of passion to Labour.
    Labour needs Kelly more than Howlin. When Howlin was doing his yap-yap act with the thug Noonan on an RTE election programme, it showed how utterly subservient and useless Howlin was as leadership material.

Gilmore was spouting populist left wing drivel from late 2008-early 2011 when Labour were in opposition, he was quickly found out as a spoofer when Labour went into government.

Would you like Labour to return to spouting such garbage again under either Howlin or Kelly?
    I would like in a democracy to have a strong left wing alternative to a right wing capitalist party like FG.

Quote Originally Posted by glandore View Post
    I would like in a democracy to have a strong left wing alternative to a right wing capitalist party like FG.
    We have not got an authentic Left Wing Party in this Country North or South

- but we have a gamut of ones who pretend they are....

FG are centrist. Hence they are in with this lot in the European parliament.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europe...7s_Party_group

Twitter
    @

At least Labour can celebrate the one hundredth anniversary of one of their impressive choices this year...

The Labour Party, led by Thomas Johnson from 1917,[17] as successor to such organisations as D. D. Sheehan's (independent Labour MPs) Irish Land and Labour Association, declined to contest the 1918 general election, in order to allow the election to take the form of a plebiscite on Ireland's constitutional status (although some candidates did run in Belfast constituencies under the Labour banner against Unionist candidates).[18] It also refrained from contesting the 1921 elections. As a result, the party was left outside Dáil Éireann during the vital years of the independence struggle, though Johnson sat in the First Dáil.

extract from the page on Wikipedia's entry on the Labour Party Ireland accessed today.

You didn't answer my question. Did you approve of all the populist nonsense Gilmore was plucking out of his arse between late 2008-early 2011?

Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment