Register to Comment
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Denis Landy retires

https://www.labour.ie/news/2017/11/2...or-denis-land/

Very sorry to hear of the decision of Senator Denis Landy to retire from politics because of ill-health. This is sad news and a loss to the people of Carrick on Suir and surrounding districts. Denis has been an outstanding public representative, a hardworking man of integrity.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

He is a huge loss to Labour and to Tipperary. The reality that Carrick is split 3 ways and has a smaller population than Clonmel has meant it rarely had a representative in the Oireachtas.
    Denis is a decent man and I wish him and his family well and hope he recovers.

I have a massive interest in Irish politics and have had for the past half-century, yet until I read your post, I had never heard of this man.

Can you link me to any legislation that he tabled or to any significant or notable speech that he made during his time in the Seanad.

A quick google turned up the following gem:-

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-29443625.html

is that it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mushroom View Post
    I have a massive interest in Irish politics and have had for the past half-century, yet until I read your post, I had never heard of this man.

Can you link me to any legislation that he tabled or to any significant or notable speech that he made during his time in the Seanad.

is that it?
    Pompous git. Denis is extremely well known nationally, especially in the south east. You're just displaying your massive ignorance after your 'massive interest in Irish politics and have had for the past half-century'. Do you own f˙ckin research.

Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post
    He is a huge loss to Labour and to Tipperary. The reality that Carrick is split 3 ways and has a smaller population than Clonmel has meant it rarely had a representative in the Oireachtas.
    Denis is a decent man and I wish him and his family well and hope he recovers.
    Why is he "a huge loss to Tipperary"?

Who ?

Quote Originally Posted by Ferdia View Post

Pompous git. Denis is extremely well known nationally, especially in the south east. You're just displaying your massive ignorance after your 'massive interest in Irish politics and have had for the past half-century'.

Do you own f˙ckin research.

I have.

In fact, that's why I asked you the fukcing question in the first place, you witless gobsh1te.

I have.

In fact, that's why I asked you the fukcing question in the first place, you witless gobsh1te.
    Go back to your 'quick Google' research and look up 'f˙cking eejit'. I'm sure you'll find yourself there.

A quick google turned up the following gem:-

https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-29443625.html

is that it?
    Man, do you know how to rain on a parade!

This thread should have been titled "FAO Brian Crowley"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment