Register to Comment
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 39
Like Tree31Likes
  1. #11
    TheWolf TheWolf is offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,366

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalJacobin View Post
    Labour have seriously lost their way, far from being larkinites and leftists they've become scabs and leeches. They have a rather bleak future unless they have some sort of internal revolution in their ranks and produce a Corbyn-type leader. It's sad really, a party with some of the greatest Irishmen as founders like Connolly and Larkin and all they can do is serve as FG's mudguard.
    'Labour' have been FFG's mudguard for decades now....it suits them.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #12
    RadicalJacobin RadicalJacobin is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    77

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    'Labour' have been FFG's mudguard for decades now....it suits them.
    The ironic thing of course is that this mudguard stuff is exactly what stopped them from being an alternative government. Imagine if they had of actually stuck to their principles, we could easily have a solid left-wing force in Ireland and have a true alternative to FFG. But No the lure of pensions and perks was too much. What a shame!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #13
    Sister Mercedes Sister Mercedes is offline
    Sister Mercedes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    20,670

    Quote Originally Posted by gatsbygirl20 View Post
    Since the Labour party got wiped out and are no longer in Government
    They're still running Montrose, they're still running the PS, they're still running the Courts, the Quangos, the Charities.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #14
    derryman derryman is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    8,788

    Quote Originally Posted by gatsbygirl20 View Post
    This Form??
    Yep lower sixth .
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #15
    Mad as Fish Mad as Fish is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    23,796

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferdia View Post
    So many issues and opportunities to champion - homelessness, housing, privatisation, health waiting lists, social welfare etc - but not a peep out of them.
    Part of the reason is that there is no intellectual base to the party, there is nobody who thinks about things beyond maintaining the status quo or just jobbing along with what they think to be the zeitgeist. The classic example is the whole digital thing, be it autonomous vehicles or the intended massive and frighteningly dangerous ID database. The response seems to be no more than 'it's gotta be good 'cos it's technology innit'. Not an iota of independent thought about the consequences of whatever it is that big IT corps are telling them, and the same thickheadedness applies to pretty much all the issues you list. Basically they haven't got a plan because they haven't got any principles.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #16
    shiel shiel is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,396

    Quote Originally Posted by Ferdia View Post
    So many issues and opportunities to champion - homelessness, housing, privatisation, health waiting lists, social welfare etc - but not a peep out of them.
    The present homelessness, housing, privatisation, health waiting lists, social welfare etc problems were caused by the people who were in government, financial institutions etc having their arses licked by the Irish media during the pre 2009 period.

    Those people bankrupted the country.

    They caused the conditions which made it necessary to get a 85bn bailout by the EU and the IMF.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #17
    SuirView SuirView is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    7,646

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalJacobin View Post
    The ironic thing of course is that this mudguard stuff is exactly what stopped them from being an alternative government. Imagine if they had of actually stuck to their principles, we could easily have a solid left-wing force in Ireland and have a true alternative to FFG. But No the lure of pensions and perks was too much. What a shame!
    Tell on.
    What parties do you believe would make up this "solid left-wing force"?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #18
    Dearghoul Dearghoul is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    6,428

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalJacobin View Post
    The ironic thing of course is that this mudguard stuff is exactly what stopped them from being an alternative government. Imagine if they had of actually stuck to their principles, we could easily have a solid left-wing force in Ireland and have a true alternative to FFG. But No the lure of pensions and perks was too much. What a shame!
    The pensions and perks agenda was mainly to the benefit of, and at the instigation of, a small number of Sticky entrists, in fairness.

    That the Labour party membership didn't spot this makes their party too naive to be forming coalitions with the other two dark forces on our behalf (Mar Dhea).
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #19
    PeaceGoalie PeaceGoalie is offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,469

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    Meh, they're irrelevant in modern Ireland in any case.
    Mouths like AK47 are all they've left now...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Mercedes View Post
    They're still running Montrose, they're still running the PS, they're still running the Courts, the Quangos, the Charities.
    You answered the above idiot well. Don't forget all the right wing Labour idiots in the trade union movement, things like Ivan Bacik dug in in Trinity and the Seadad etc

    Quote Originally Posted by Mad as Fish View Post
    Part of the reason is that there is no intellectual base to the party, there is nobody who thinks about things beyond maintaining the status quo or just jobbing along with what they think to be the zeitgeist. The classic example is the whole digital thing, be it autonomous vehicles or the intended massive and frighteningly dangerous ID database. The response seems to be no more than 'it's gotta be good 'cos it's technology innit'. Not an iota of independent thought about the consequences of whatever it is that big IT corps are telling them, and the same thickheadedness applies to pretty much all the issues you list. Basically they haven't got a plan because they haven't got any principles.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dearghoul View Post
    The pensions and perks agenda was mainly to the benefit of, and at the instigation of, a small number of Sticky entrists, in fairness.

    That the Labour party membership didn't spot this makes their party too naive to be forming coalitions with the other two dark forces on our behalf (Mar Dhea).
    Excellent thoughtful post. The OIRA yobs like the PIRA yobs once beleived in something, no or were they always on the make...........like Dick Spring?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #20
    shiel shiel is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    14,396

    Quote Originally Posted by RadicalJacobin View Post
    The ironic thing of course is that this mudguard stuff is exactly what stopped them from being an alternative government. Imagine if they had of actually stuck to their principles, we could easily have a solid left-wing force in Ireland and have a true alternative to FFG. But No the lure of pensions and perks was too much. What a shame!
    The real irony is that the pre-2009 government would be still there having their arses licked by the Irish media but for the fact that they bankrupt the country.

    The present homelessness, housing, privatisation, health waiting lists, social welfare etc problems were caused by the people who were in government, financial institutions etc having their arses licked by the Irish media during the pre 2009 period.

    Those people bankrupted the country.

    They caused the conditions which made it necessary to get a 85bn bailout by the EU and the IMF in 2010.

    The left wing would be nowhere if that had not happened.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment