Register to Comment
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 162
Like Tree88Likes
  1. #21
    Darren J. Prior Darren J. Prior is offline
    Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,978

    I was very disappointed to read of George Galloway criticise the promotion of Gàidhlig a few years ago! He came across like a bitter nut.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #22
    realistic1 realistic1 is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    12,061

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscurito View Post
    Anyone who has a problem with that attention-seeking charlatan Galloway sounds pretty normal to me,
    You are spot on, but on this occasion Galloway was dealing with a Labour careerist so we can cut him some slack.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #23
    PeaceGoalie PeaceGoalie is offline
    PeaceGoalie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    3,517

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    I was very disappointed to read of George Galloway criticise the promotion of Gàidhlig a few years ago! He came across like a bitter nut.
    Says the man who pickets the Russian Embassy with ISIS supporters.
    Galloway's politics is gas and water socialism, William Walker's kind as opposed to Connolly's. That would be one reason he criticised Scots Gaelic.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #24
    Darren J. Prior Darren J. Prior is offline
    Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,978

    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceGoalie View Post
    Says the man who pickets the Russian Embassy with ISIS supporters.



    Quote Originally Posted by PeaceGoalie View Post
    Galloway's politics is gas and water socialism, William Walker's kind as opposed to Connolly's. That would be one reason he criticised Scots Gaelic.
    Meaning: he's not an idealist but a shortsighted crank?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #25
    Oscurito Oscurito is offline

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    5,360

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    I was very disappointed to read of George Galloway criticise the promotion of Gàidhlig a few years ago! He came across like a bitter nut.
    The guy is a contrarian who seems to want to annoy as many people as possible - a pseudo-left version of Katie Hopkins.

    He is virulently against Scottish independence but he was inclined to express his opposition in stupid ways,

    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #26
    Ratio Et Fides Ratio Et Fides is offline
    Ratio Et Fides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    31,818

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscurito View Post
    The guy is a contrarian who seems to want to annoy as many people as possible - a pseudo-left version of Katie Hopkins.

    He is virulently against Scottish independence but he was inclined to express his opposition in stupid ways,
    ]
    He wasn't virulently against as much as I was. The best Hard Left group in the UK the Communist Party of Britain Marxist-Leninist were also against it strongly.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #27
    Ratio Et Fides Ratio Et Fides is offline
    Ratio Et Fides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    31,818

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    I was very disappointed to read of George Galloway criticise the promotion of Gàidhlig a few years ago! He came across like a bitter nut.
    Link please?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #28
    Darren J. Prior Darren J. Prior is offline
    Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,978

    Quote Originally Posted by Ratio Et Fides View Post
    Link please?
    I just did a Google search there and there doesn't seem to be a record anymore of the article I was thinking about. It was several years ago mind. Maybe he has evolved.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #29
    Darren J. Prior Darren J. Prior is offline
    Darren J. Prior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    8,978

    Quote Originally Posted by Oscurito View Post
    The guy is a contrarian who seems to want to annoy as many people as possible - a pseudo-left version of Katie Hopkins.
    I'd be inclined to agree with that!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #30
    Ratio Et Fides Ratio Et Fides is offline
    Ratio Et Fides's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    31,818

    Quote Originally Posted by Darren J. Prior View Post
    I just did a Google search there and there doesn't seem to be a record anymore of the article I was thinking about. It was several years ago mind. Maybe he has evolved.
    Or maybe you lied? When the CNR in Norn Iron needed a friend he was there- can Fine Gael say the same?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment