Register to Comment
Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Like Tree140Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    It would appear that the minister has admitted to having no hand, act or part in something that HBAP considers to be his duty. Is he not doing his job.......or what?
    No, you're mixing up the choice of Balbriggan with the decision about which site would be used in Balbriggan.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by neveragain View Post
    That is not stopping him from opening one in Loughrea though, is it?
    Of course its not, he's closing one and opening another. Now, will you please answer my question?

All this tom-foolery and still three years to the next election.
    Why, should constituency offices only be open at election time? Do you even know what a constituency office is?

Quote Originally Posted by hiding behind a poster View Post
    No he didn't. Shortall had a list, and Reilly changed it. Shortall is not God, and her list was not the last word on the subject. Reilly is the Minister, and the location of health infrastruxture is for him to decide, not Shortall.
    Reilly didn't change Shortall's list.

Shortall's list was to rate the 400+ areas where it Primary Care Teams will be located according to disadvantage.

Reilly's list was to propose locations from which potential PPP consortia could build proposals for developing bundles of 10 Primary Care Centres.

Shortall's list was used to inform some of the locations put on Reilly's list. That's all.

Quote Originally Posted by SPN View Post
    It was #44 on Roisin Shortall's list of disadvantage. This list was one of a number of processes which informed the HSE's list of proposed locations for inclusion in PPP bundles.

Any discussion with NAMA would have referred to the site being proposed under a leasing model. The controversial list referred to towns that were going to be fulfilled using a PPP model. There was no way of knowing if a PPP Consortium might or might not be interested in the NAMA site whenever they went looking at locating a premises in Balbriggan.
    You're spinning like a crazy thing SPN like you were before on the Reilly thread. I admire your persistence but it's getting you nowhere. What Reilly was involved in was clear stroke politics, and in time, it may be proven to be more. At the very least he has cynically and deliberately misled the Dáil on several occasions...

This thread is about Keaveney and the current tensions within Labour, although, there is a slight relevance to Reilly. Labour will have to try to get their TD's to vote in a Vote of No Confidence in Reilly, the deputy leader of the senior coalition party, for the second time in six months while Irish politics is under the spotlight of Europe.

Given that Labour sacrificed one of their own for Reilly and it has been seen to be the wrong choice, I think it is the perfect time for anyone within Labour that wishes to regain their party to do so. If they want to take back their party they need to vote Reilly out, thus forcing Gilmore and his front bench out too....

Quote Originally Posted by emulator View Post
    Given that Labour sacrificed one of their own for Reilly and it has been seen to be the wrong choice, I think it is the perfect time for anyone within Labour that wishes to regain their party to do so. If they want to take back their party they need to vote Reilly out, thus forcing Gilmore and his front bench out too....
    Labour didn't sacrifice anyone, Shortall resigned of her own free well - and it was patently obvious when she did, how few Labour TDs supported her about it. And moving on to your fantasy, if Labour collapsed the government over Reilly, they'd be blamed by the electorate for causing a completely unnecessary general election. And Labour know that, so you can put your little fantasy to bed right there.

Quote Originally Posted by emulator View Post
    You're spinning like a crazy thing SPN like you were before on the Reilly thread. I admire your persistence but it's getting you nowhere. What Reilly was involved in was clear stroke politics, and in time, it may be proven to be more. At the very least he has cynically and deliberately misled the Dáil on several occasions...
    No spinning whatsoever. Thats HBAP's job.

I'm just setting out the facts. Whether Reilly was stroking or not is immaterial. What is important is that the facts are set out properly.

This thread is about Keaveney and the current tensions within Labour, although, there is a slight relevance to Reilly. Labour will have to try to get their TD's to vote in a Vote of No Confidence in Reilly, the deputy leader of the senior coalition party, for the second time in six months while Irish politics is under the spotlight of Europe.

Much as I'd like to see Amateur-FF implode and take their malignant presence off the political stage once and for all, there is a major downside - it would mean the return of full flavour FF.

Who are the gobshytes who vote for these parasites?

Reilly didn't change Shortall's list.

Shortall's list was to rate the 400+ areas where it Primary Care Teams will be located according to disadvantage.

Reilly's list was to propose locations from which potential PPP consortia could build proposals for developing bundles of 10 Primary Care Centres.

Shortall's list was used to inform some of the locations put on Reilly's list. That's all.
    Well yeah, that's basically what I was saying. Shortall ranked locations purely on the basis of disadvantage, and Reilly rightly took a wider view.

In an attempt to bring the thread in the direction of 'staying on topic', I post this 'update' from Colm's Facebook page

".....I was happy to read the report on the Irish Times website today that a Labour spokesperson has confirmed that the party leadership has accepted that my mandate as Chairperson will run until the end of the next Conference. This is in agreement with the legal advice I have received. I look forward to playing my part in repairing relations and and to work together with my party colleagues to secure the health of the party and, more importantly, the implementation of Labour policy as agreed at our Party Conferences. "

Source:http://www.facebook.com/colmkeaveney?fref=ts

Quote Originally Posted by bagel View Post
    In an attempt to bring the thread in the direction of 'staying on topic', I post this 'update' from Colm's Facebook page

".....I was happy to read the report on the Irish Times website today that a Labour spokesperson has confirmed that the party leadership has accepted that my mandate as Chairperson will run until the end of the next Conference. This is in agreement with the legal advice I have received. I look forward to playing my part in repairing relations and and to work together with my party colleagues to secure the health of the party and, more importantly, the implementation of Labour policy as agreed at our Party Conferences. "

Source:http://www.facebook.com/colmkeaveney?fref=ts
    He can't attend meetings about policy or other parliamentary matters though. I'm sure even he knows that.

Where is your evidence that Reilly had any involvement in choosing the SITE in Balbriggan?
    "Speaking on RTÉ Radio yesterday, he said the site had been identified years prior to the Coalition coming to power. However, he was forced to correct this later in the Dáil when he admitted this information was incorrect. The lease for the site was signed by AJ Noonan of Rhonellen Developments in September 2011, six months after the Government was appointed, he said."

Reilly denies impropriety in site selection - The Irish Times - Thu, Oct 04, 2012

"A statement issued by the Minister’s office confirmed that Mr Murphy is a Fine Gael supporter and that a property owned by him was used to promote Dr Reilly during a general election campaign. It said Mr Murphy had no intention of developing a primary care centre. “The recent addition of Balbriggan to a list of potential towns that may seek to develop a primary care centre by way of a public-private partnership is an entirely separate matter,” Dr Reilly’s spokesman said.

Reilly denies impropriety in site selection - The Irish Times - Thu, Oct 04, 2012

The site on Dublin Street in Balbriggan is being sold to Rhonellen, which plans to operate the centre by way of lease with the Health Service Executive. Mr Noonan is a Fine Gael donor but has said he has donated to other parties."

The Balbriggan centre is being developed privately and will then be leased back to the HSE, while Dr Reilly's list was of locations to be developed via a public-private partnership.

"When asked if he included Balbriggan because there was a doubt over whether it would proceed, Dr Reilly told the Irish Independent: "Yeah, at the time there was a serious doubt about the lease arrangement going ahead. It looked like it was going to fall through."

Documents show the developer of the primary care centre told the HSE he was making a final offer for the site, owned by a supporter of Dr Reilly, as a "last throw of the dice".

Developer AJ Noonan had been dealing with site owner Seamus Murphy and NAMA for months but was becoming exasperated.

Reilly discussed Balbriggan as location for primary care centre with NAMA

In the Dáil earlier this month, Reilly said that the site was under the control of NAMA, saying: “This site is under the control of NAMA and therefore Mr Murphy doesn’t gain, NAMA gains, if needed there is any gain.”

NAMA is not entitled to release such information to anyone. So how could he be in possession of this information to make such a claim?

Minister Reilly stated the following in a Dail debate “I have no business connection with Mr. Murphy. I had no discussions with him about the primary care centre and I have absolutely no role in the selection of a site”

Finance minister revelation drops Minister Reilly back in the pressure-cooker

The deal had almost collapsed once, with Mr Noonan telling Mr Murphy the project was in "jeopardy". Dr Reilly was aware of negotiations on the site, but has maintained that he had no "hand, act or part" in the selection of the site."

Reilly admits site in his constituency added as safety net - National News - Independent.ie

The addition of Balbriggan by Minister Reilly to a list of potential towns that may seek to develop a primary care centre by way of a public-private partnership is not an entirely seperate matter.

As the Minister admitted:

"When asked if he included Balbriggan because there was a doubt over whether it would proceed, Dr Reilly told the Irish Independent: "Yeah, at the time there was a serious doubt about the lease arrangement going ahead. It looked like it was going to fall through."

The HSE had signed a lease for a PCC with AJ Noonan of Rhonellen Developments in September 2011. The addition of Balbriggan to a list of potential towns that may seek to develop a primary care centre by way of a public-private partnership in effect meant that the existing intent to lease deal between the HSE and AJ Noonan of Rhonellen Developments would be become null and void if planning permission was not lodged by the end of October 2012. Reilly's decision put Rhonellen Developments in the position that if it wanted to proceed with the project it had to purchase Seamus Murphy's site or forget about the deal altogether.

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment