Register to Comment
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 61
Like Tree47Likes
  1. #31
    Big Brother Big Brother is offline
    Big Brother's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,604

    Good thread but.....

    Quote Originally Posted by Pabilito View Post
    LABOUR have truly become the PIGS of Orwell’s animal farm!.

    Eoghan Harris: Is Labour's real priority the pensions of its own leaders? - Eoghan Harris, Columnists - Independent.ie

    In fairness to Harris, the Labour party have indeed abandoned their left origins for a right wing capitalist pension chasing agenda.. An underhand “get rich quick on entitlements” left wing agenda has taken over!



    Their brazen support for the Croke Park DeaL which subjugates ordinary workers to borrow from the IMF money lenders to prop up the lavish pensions of politicians and well paid public sector workers is nothing short of a sell out!!



    Politicians have failed to properly represent the people who elected them..


    There re 2 labour parties if you ask me

    The Pigs wing are those who never really belonged in it but who latched onto the host organism to extract as much power as they could: The stickies are one part of that wing. The metropolitan liberals are another. The stickies only care about money now, true to their materialist values. The metro-libs only care about abortion, and protecting the unions.[/I]

    The decent wing of labour goes back to James Connolly and these people have done more for the state than perhaps any other political faction of any party.j

    I had hoped there might be some fight in the decent wing left. Time will tell. The signs so far arent good.....[/I][/I]
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #32
    The Old Woman The Old Woman is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,044

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu Poppy View Post
    Get this- in 1997 the Independent papers backed the maFFia, and continue to do so.

    in 2007 Harris backed De Bert and was awarded with a Taoiseach's nomination to Seanad Éireann.

    Croke Park was negotiated by the MaFFia-P.D.-Green (and were they green) government with the Trade Unions as a means by which this country's economy could be saved and received massive support from those who would be taking the hits.

    Stop attempting to foment trouble. We in the public service recognise that things are difficult and that they will continue to be so for some time to come.

    But MaFFia Trolls like you are attempting to undo Croke Park by telling lies and surreptitiously promote the dysfunctional treacherous economic policies of the past in an effort to undermine the current government.
    Tell me Bleu do you support the signing of bailout that secured the rights, pensions and entitlements of a portion of our people only? These would be jobs that were effectively gone once we had to get this bailout?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #33
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22,741

    Quote Originally Posted by ned green View Post
    This must be a first,it's not often that I agree with Harris,but on this occasion I do,most of his synopsis of Labour in the Indo article is correct.
    My experience also concerning this article by Harrass. It must be the first time I find myself in agreement with him. In a state of shock.

    There are some things that are so glaringly obvious that even Own Harrass gets them.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #34
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22,741

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
    There re 2 labour parties if you ask me

    The Pigs wing are those who never really belonged in it but who latched onto the host organism to extract as much power as they could: The stickies are one part of that wing. The metropolitan liberals are another. The stickies only care about money now, true to their materialist values. The metro-libs only care about abortion, and protecting the unions.[/I]

    The decent wing of labour goes back to James Connolly and these people have done more for the state than perhaps any other political faction of any party.j

    I had hoped there might be some fight in the decent wing left. Time will tell. The signs so far arent good.....[/I][/I]
    You mean the pigs and the horses........
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #35
    Radix Radix is offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    8,652

    Quote Originally Posted by Big Brother View Post
    There re 2 labour parties if you ask me

    The Pigs wing are those who never really belonged in it but who latched onto the host organism to extract as much power as they could: The stickies are one part of that wing. The metropolitan liberals are another. The stickies only care about money now, true to their materialist values. The metro-libs only care about abortion, and protecting the unions.[/I]

    The decent wing of labour goes back to James Connolly and these people have done more for the state than perhaps any other political faction of any party.j

    I had hoped there might be some fight in the decent wing left. Time will tell. The signs so far arent good.....[/I][/I]
    And divided houses always fall.

    The days of cosy consensus are over by the look of things.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #36
    dent dent is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,299

    Harris is the original Mr Rent-a-Principle, and no credibility to accuse anyone, after his bottom sucking support of Ahern, for which he still has not apologised to the country.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #37
    Hewson Hewson is offline
    Hewson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    8,264

    Quote Originally Posted by Bleu Poppy View Post
    Get this- in 1997 the Independent papers backed the maFFia, and continue to do so.

    in 2007 Harris backed De Bert and was awarded with a Taoiseach's nomination to Seanad Éireann.

    Croke Park was negotiated by the MaFFia-P.D.-Green (and were they green) government with the Trade Unions as a means by which this country's economy could be saved and received massive support from those who would be taking the hits.

    Stop attempting to foment trouble. We in the public service recognise that things are difficult and that they will continue to be so for some time to come.

    But MaFFia Trolls like you are attempting to undo Croke Park by telling lies and surreptitiously promote the dysfunctional treacherous economic policies of the past in an effort to undermine the current government.
    This post sounds like code for 'don't criticise us'.

    The fact is, Bleu, and I voted Labour last year, that the Party I voted for was a few shades brighter than the lacklustre, under-performing, gutless sow that eats its own. After eighteen months in power the only TD who's come out with any credibility is the one who left the rotting hull of your sinking boat. Shortall has shown up Gilmore for what he is: a self-important spoofer who didn't have the guts to take on an economically vital ministry in cabinet, opting instead for the peacock job, Foreign Affairs, and leading a one-policy party whose only policy is retaining power.

    It's exactly the kind of non-government we've come to expect of Fine Gael or their alter egos in FF. Labour has always promoted itself as being different from these two, of having higher ethical standards and a social conscience. If it wasn't so tragic in our current circumstances it would be hilarious, watching one Labour Minister after another bending over to praise Reilly while letting one of their own colleagues go overboard.

    Another Irish political party takes the soup.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #38
    realistic1 realistic1 is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,825

    Quote Originally Posted by Pabilito View Post
    LABOUR have truly become the PIGS of Orwell’s animal farm!.

    Eoghan Harris: Is Labour's real priority the pensions of its own leaders? - Eoghan Harris, Columnists - Independent.ie

    In fairness to Harris, the Labour party have indeed abandoned their left origins for a right wing capitalist pension chasing agenda.. An underhand “get rich quick on entitlements” left wing agenda has taken over!



    Their brazen support for the Croke Park DeaL which subjugates ordinary workers to borrow from the IMF money lenders to prop up the lavish pensions of politicians and well paid public sector workers is nothing short of a sell out!!



    Politicians have failed to properly represent the people who elected them..

    It is a real pity that the above is coming from Harris. The above points should be coming from the Labour party membership, but maybe they also think they may get some of the leftovers from their careerist leadership.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #39
    realistic1 realistic1 is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    4,825

    Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    My experience also concerning this article by Harrass. It must be the first time I find myself in agreement with him. In a state of shock.

    There are some things that are so glaringly obvious that even Own Harrass gets them.
    I think a lot of the anti-Harris brigade would be in agreement with Harris. What is the bollox up to? Is he been populist or is he doing another political u-turn? Maybe he is on his way out of the Sindo and he may be looking for a slot in publications like : An Phoblact, Look Left, etc.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #40
    Murph Murph is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,557

    Wow, Bomber Harris actually writing about Bomber Harris.

    I agree, most would agree with his column this week!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment