Register to Comment
Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

The wisdom of Danny Healey Rae, Michael's brother.

Tis well known that for many’s a long year the do gooders in Kerry have dug their heels in and stopped the ancient rights of a poor farmer to take a slash hook to his hedge and cut the bejaysis out of it whenever he likes.

Now it seems these do gooders have the blood of many’s a Kerry pedestrian on their hands as the poor divils have to walk down the middle of the road for fear of sceachs of briars that frequently hang so low that they’d tear their hair and eyes out. Whisha, they are frequently mown down by go boys driving their fasht motor cars at speeds of 100MPH or even more down the botharíns. It goes without saying that these drivers are probably boot boys from Dublin.

Muriya too about drivers not been able to kill one another until they’ve drunk more than 3 pints and how only drunk rural drivers can get married because only old single men living on the back side of a dark mountain get lonely for the need to get drunk in Danny’s pub.

Has the time come to translate Danny’s cranial prowess into other modern languages?

'Nobody in my neck of the woods has caused a fatality after three glasses of Guinness', Danny Healy-Rae tells committee on new drink driving rules - Independent.ie
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post
    Tis well known that for many’s a long year the do gooders in Kerry have dug their heels in and stopped the ancient rights of a poor farmer to take a slash hook to his hedge and cut the bejaysis out of it whenever he likes.

Now it seems these do gooders have the blood of many’s a Kerry pedestrian on their hands as the poor divils have to walk down the middle of the road for fear of sceachs of briars that frequently hang so low that they’d tear their hair and eyes out. Whisha, they are frequently mown down by go boys driving their fasht motor cars at speeds of 100MPH or even more down the botharíns. It goes without saying that these drivers are probably boot boys from Dublin.

Muriya too about drivers not been able to kill one another until they’ve drunk more than 3 pints and how only drunk rural drivers can get married because only old single men living on the back side of a dark mountain get lonely for the need to get drunk in Danny’s pub.

Has the time come to translate Danny’s cranial prowess into other modern languages?

'Nobody in my neck of the woods has caused a fatality after three glasses of Guinness', Danny Healy-Rae tells committee on new drink driving rules - Independent.ie
    Very enjoyable post but this reduction to 50mg tolerance level has been exercising me a little in the last few weeks. Firstly I believe that Shane Ross has been essentially dishonest in his assertion on radio yesterday that he had not reduced the tolerance level but merely is applying the law to what was already in place. I took this to mean that the 80mg level was therefore still in place and would be rigorously enforced from now on-a situation with which I was happy enough. Obviously this is not the case in reality. The reality is that for very good reasons people in the past saw fit not to persecute those who breached the 50, but not the 80, beyond that which was justifiable and merely gave them the lesser punishment of three penalty points and sixty euro fine instead of the year ban that those over 80 got. Ross , our hero , has decided that those who are over 50 are to suffer the same penalty as those caught over 80. So essentially Shane Ross lied on RTE radio when he said that he was not lowering the limit. Shane Ross has lowered the limit and no more shyte about it.

Ross did not content himself with just one lie in doing this . He also claimed that there was evidence to suggest that a persons driving was impaired with 50mg on board which I'm absolutely convinced is not true and he further added insult to injury by suggesting that this new regulation was not aimed at rural Ireland and indeed by extension would not particularly affect rural Ireland more than the cities.

Now I listened to the CEO of the RSA explaining that she approves of the new tolerance level because 8 of the near four hundred deaths on the roads -one third of which were associated with alcohol- but 8 of which had alcohol levels over 50 but under 80. I am absolutely convinced that probably not one of those 8 fatalities had anything to do with the alcohol. I'm convinced that you will find that probably a good proportion of those eight were not driving in the first place so dishonest are the statistics and indeed if you are to use these stats as evidence for lowering the tolerance limit you might as well claim that since two thirds of the fatalities had no alcohol involved and only one third did-it might be proof that having a few on board might be safer.

I like me few pints meself and I can tell you that the ability to have one pint without being in danger is generally of no interest to me at all. Like most drinkers I like to have three or four before I call it a night so driving home after is not an option any way. But occasionally I have to drive friends and relations home and it's nice to have one with them at closing time before I head off and then there is the much more serious threat that because of this unthinking law a person may still be over the limit the next morning. A bit of common sense goes a long way here.

Micheal Healy Rae has been the stand out performer in this Dail , be it climate change or drink driving, he knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by automaticforthepeople View Post

DHR is an inbred bog fascist troglodyte neanderthal cannibal.

The alcohol limit should be 20mg. ( to give some tolerance ). If you don`t have the first you cannot have the second.

Worst type of gombeen.

I remember cycling with 1 pint taken and it seriously effected my judgement!

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    Is it only single pints that seriously affect your judgement?

Quote Originally Posted by General Urko View Post
    Still having a ride after a few drinks is a very Irish thing to do.

Page 1 of 14 123 11 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment