Register to Comment
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Like Tree136Likes

Quote Originally Posted by CookieMonster View Post
    If I was the ESB I'd sneak around some day when the little brat is left unattended again, smack him in the face with a wheelbrace and give him an injury to spend the €30k on.

But I am an evil, evil man.
    A novel approach - I like it!
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ellie08 View Post
    A novel approach - I like it!
    And the same for the parents. If they though they were getting a flat screen TV and a holiday in Benidorm on my money they'd have another thing coming.

This is my favourite compo story

Hanafin's mum makes compo claim after she falls in Leinster House - National News, Frontpage - Herald.ie

The claim arose nearly four years after Mary Hanafin, then the minister for education, hit out at an emerging compensation culture in Irish schools.

"Children will run, children will fall and children will hurt themselves," said Ms Hanafin, who is now the Minister for Social Welfare. It was "ludicrous" that some schools were introducing no-running policies in the playground due to fear of litigation, she added.

If I was the ESB I'd sneak around some day when the little brat is left unattended again, smack him in the face with a wheelbrace and give him an injury to spend the €30k on.

But I am an evil, evil man.
    I'm all for giving people compensation when they deserve it - this little twat didnt and his parents should be investigated for neglect.

My younger brother was playing on some of these boxes as a child, he was about 8 at the time, I was supposed to be minding him but being 14 I was too busy sniffing after the ladies to pay him much mind.

Long and short of it is that he ended up in the ICU for a week with a cracked skull and still has a lovely scar to show for it. I was in big trouble with the folks, pity I didnt have a solicitor.

Anyway, as for the brother, the scarring and trauma made a man out of him and he knows it (although never says it).

I'd wheelbrace her too. Not for the compo claim, mind. Simply for releasing Mary Hanafin on us all.

I'd wheelbrace her too. Not for the compo claim, mind. Simply for releasing Mary Hanafin on us all.
    I think you should have a 'Cookies Top 10 'bracin's'

So long as Prionsias deRossa, Bertie and Hanafin are in it, the rest is so much of a bonus.....

C'mon, lay it on us - who would you like to 'brace?

Good point. There are another 160 or so wasters about to take three months off at our expense who need a good belt of your wheelbrace too!

It's not. €30k (plus cost of building a fence) is the price of making sure the ESB isn't sued again when some other little dumbass doesn't do exactly the same thing and cost them another €30k.
    Is this not a good thing CookieMonster?

Parents should be ensuring their children don't play on dangerous EBS boxes.
    I agree 100%. But it's near impossible to achieve bar locking them indoors.

Oh, how very naive.
    I've never been inside a court in my life, I never sued and I have never been sued so yes I am naive on where these numbers come from and what an acceptable compensation figure is. My point was if the parents had been offered 3k or 5k instead of 30k they might have been happy with that? I assume their solicitor had some precedent case/figure on what was attainable?

Quote Originally Posted by The OD View Post
    I think you should have a 'Cookies Top 10 'bracin's'

So long as Prionsias deRossa, Bertie and Hanafin are in it, the rest is so much of a bonus.....

C'mon, lay it on us - who would you like to 'brace?
    I woudn't waste one on p..p...prionsias. Sure he's well able to hurt himself, just point him near some steps and down he goes.

Quote Originally Posted by MsAnneThrope View Post
    I've never been inside a court in my life, I never sued and I have never been sued so yes I am naive on where these numbers come from and what an acceptable compensation figure is. My point was if the parents had been offered 3k or 5k instead of 30k they might have been happy with that? I assume their solicitor had some precedent case/figure on what was attainable?
    Fees FEEs and MORE FEES m'dear!!!!

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment