Register to Comment
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

The judge said while Ms Djadenko did not make a huge issue of the continuing problems she was upset she was still not able to wear high heel shoes at the time the action came before the courts five years later.

"This represents a significant continuing disability for her. She is a young single woman who may well want to wear high heeled shoes when going to formal functions, such as weddings, birthday parties or dinner dances or she may want to wear them when going out to a restaurant with a boyfriend or male companion," he said
    The mind really boggles if he thinks that not being able to wear high heals represents a "significant continuing disability". I wonder was the award made to the footballer discounted on the grounds of contributory negligence?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Another day in the Courts, another slip at Dunnes, another inability to wear high heels. Today's payout 182 grand plus costs.

F*ckin madness. The amount that is.

Said it before, I would gladly take the money being offered in these cases, for the relatively minor inconvenience of the "injuries" involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    She should have got onto pavee point ..their members are experts at compensation claims!

Good article out of Pat McDonagh of Supermacs in todays indo about fradulent claims closing stores all over the country with one Irish ethnic group heavily involved!

Quote Originally Posted by Therightroad View Post
    Good article out of Pat McDonagh of Supermacs in todays indo about fradulent claims closing stores all over the country with one Irish ethnic group heavily involved!
    I guess that's a start...

Quote Originally Posted by Therightroad View Post
    Yep.

McDonagh makes a good point here: "The courts have increased their award limits: in the district courts it has been raised from €6,300 to €15,000 and in the circuit courts it has been raised from €38,000 to €75,000,” he said. “That was probably the biggest reason that award costs have sky rocketed. Judges think that because the awards are higher, they should be giving more.

It often seems to me that quite a few members of the judiciary live in the same fantasy bubble as SF's Pearse Doherty, believing that there's a magical money tree in the back garden that can create all the money to pay for these ludicrous compo awards.

Plus, of course, we have spineless, populist TDs who, rather than criticising the judiciary, prefer to dump on the insurance industry whenever insurance premiums are jacked up.

'This is one for YouTube' - Supermacs founder Pat McDonagh on fraudulent claims and Ireland's compo-culture - Independent.ie

“I was going in to work wondering what new claim would be on my desk when I went in – all my energy was focused on that rather than the actual business itself
    “At the moment, there is absolutely no penalty for fraudulent claims; you have to ask yourself the question ‘who’s benefiting from this’?,’ said McDonagh.
    Oh Pat do you really have to ask yourself that.

Last edited by Sister Mercedes; 18th February 2017 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardillaun View Post
    Unfortunately I think the judge avoided the important issue by saying she hadn't paid enough attention. So we still don't know if landowners along the Wicklow Way are liable for injuries.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment