Register to Comment
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach20052006
    There is only so much cake to go around. More cake for others means less for us. Get real. This guy is an asylum-seeker. They are not allowed to work so to claim that people like him are already contributing to society in terms of paying taxes is just rubbish. Get your facts straight.
    Statement of the obvious #1: Paying tax is not the only way to contribute to a society.

Statement of the obvious #2: Income tax is not the only form of tax.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureTaoiseach20052006
    I owe nothing to persons who have come here to take us for a ride and add burdens to already present overburdens in the hospitals.
    But somehow you do owe something to the people who are born here and are taking you for a ride?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by yknot
    I'm happy he was allowed stay. True there are bogus asylum seekers here but he was not one of them. He worked harder than most Irish kids do and we all take it for granted. Its very easy for us to sit back in our comfortable lives and say he should be sent back when we all get to go to bed safe at night.
    Asylum-seekers are not allowed to work so I don't see how you draw that conclusion. What exactly do you define as a "bogys asylum seeker"? To me it means someone who comes from a country that is safe, or who makes multiple asylum-claims in more than one country, or who claims asylum in a country other than the first EU country of entry. He should have claimed asylum in Italy or whatever the first EU state of entry is.

Remember its not too long ago that Irish people were going to America illegally in fact it still happens. Remember after Sept 11 there were three or four construction workers that were there illegally form cavan.
    I see no real reason why Irish people need to illegal migrate to the US nowadays. In fact the opposite should be true after the Celtic Tiger. Anyway, the US is a huge country you can hardly compare Ireland to it as a destination for immigrants.

Irish people areso self centred. Lets see if soem of you were living in Lagos how long you would want to stay!
    Then they should claim asylum in the first EU country they enter, That isn't Ireland. Doh.

Statement of the obvious #1: Paying tax is not the only way to contribute to a society.

Statement of the obvious #2: Income tax is not the only form of tax.
    Contributing to society is such a relative term. You can twist it to mean almost anything you want. For example, if someone has a good lawyer adept at dragging out asylum-cases for years you can then say that the asylum-seeker has "put down roots" and contributes to society in that way, or that they contribute to society by the fact that they have formed friendships while here. To me, this is just trying to make conning the taxpayer sound better.

Quote Originally Posted by yknot
    I'm happy he was allowed stay. True there are bogus asylum seekers here but he was not one of them. He worked harder than most Irish kids do and we all take it for granted. Its very easy for us to sit back in our comfortable lives and say he should be sent back when we all get to go to bed safe at night.

Remember its not too long ago that Irish people were going to America illegally in fact it still happens. Remember after Sept 11 there were three or four construction workers that were there illegally form cavan.

Irish people areso self centred. Lets see if soem of you were living in Lagos how long you would want to stay!
    You do a lot for those less fortunate than yourself do you?
    Do you make sacrifices for your fellow man?

Stop the press! McDowell has a heart! Or at least a chink in his armour. Depending on how you want to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by onemancommittee
    .. immigrants are allowed stay in circumstances like that, then they should be forced to pay back the taxpayer's money that was spent on their legal teams, maybe by a special 5% depuction on their salaries.
    5% of 1 an hour = 5cent, immigrant workers in GAMA, killkenny and Irish Ferries are being paid this kind of slave wage.

well done to the students and supporters and the folks in Lagos who helped out as well.

The story has shifted, a wrong was righted now the focus is on how McDowell bent, u-turned so quickly, awaiting the report into GAMA,
    bfn mmbhg

Quote Originally Posted by Telemachus
    I had to cringe at the news reports last night. In one, kids in some primary school up the country, had the 5 year olds holding up paintings spelling out some anti-racism slogan, the depths Leftists will stoop(in this case the teacher) to affirm sympathy and indocrinate is quite upsetting.
    I agree. I think you should immediately go to that school and demand that they instruct the children to develop paintings spelling out a pro-racism slogan. The balance must be maintained.

Bloody leftists and their "anti-racism". Is there no end to their wickedness?

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy
    I agree. I think you should immediately go to that school and demand that they instruct the children to develop paintings spelling out a pro-racism slogan. The balance must be maintained.

Bloody leftists and their "anti-racism". Is there no end to their wickedness?
    Let children reach their own conclusions smiffy.

Quote Originally Posted by mjcoughlan
    So you oppose any kind of instruction that isn't based solely on facts, Mr. Gradgrind?

Quote Originally Posted by smiffy
    So you oppose any kind of instruction that isn't based solely on facts, Mr. Gradgrind?
    No but I agree with Telemachus regarding the school children holding those placards and I don't believe it is a fact that his deportation was motivated by racism.

No but I agree with Telemachus regarding the school children holding those placards and I don't believe it is a fact that his deportation was motivated by racism.
    Which placards are you talking about? The ones at the protest, or the paintings in the school?

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345 13 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment