Register to Comment
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 113
Like Tree111Likes
  1. #71
    The_SR The_SR is offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    20,389

    Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    The judges reason are political entirely based upon a subjective assessment of the Polish situation.
    Well, yeah. That's their job.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #72
    Wascurito Wascurito is offline
    Wascurito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6,287

    Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    I was in Silesia the other day. Almost the entire region is píss poor and appallingly polluted. The amount of publicly expressed right-wing/ultra-nationalist/ultra-catholic sentiment there was shocking.
    I have the impression that there's a huge gap between rural and urban Poland - much resentment from the former and condescension from the latter. I knew a Polish guy some years ago from Lublin. He was working in Donegal and came down one weekend to Dublin for a wee break. He was staying in a hostel near the Busaras and was appalled to find the place full of his rustic compatriots speaking dialects of Polish that was a long way from what newsreaders and journalists speak.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #73
    Wascurito Wascurito is offline
    Wascurito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6,287

    Quote Originally Posted by ger12 View Post
    Yes it's a power grab.

    We has one or two attempts here in recent years.

    Poland like Ireland is a democracy.
    If your point is that just because the PiS got most votes, that that gives them a carte blanche, then I disagree. There are certain inviolable principles that no majority - no matter how large - has a right to tinker with. That applies to liberals as well as conservatives like the PiS, of course. There's one thread here that shows how some liberally minded people can sometimes be quite illiberal.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #74
    brughahaha brughahaha is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,907

    Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    If your point is that just because the PiS got most votes, that that gives them a carte blanche, then I disagree. There are certain inviolable principles that no majority - no matter how large - has a right to tinker with. That applies to liberals as well as conservatives like the PiS, of course. There's one thread here that shows how some liberally minded people can sometimes be quite illiberal.
    So can you list the "inviolable principles" you feel the PiS part have democratically passed through parliament ......not abstracts , but the actual details
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #75
    Wascurito Wascurito is offline
    Wascurito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6,287

    Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    So can you list the "inviolable principles" you feel the PiS part have democratically passed through parliament ......not abstracts , but the actual details
    ?

    The problem is the ones they've infringed.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #76
    brughahaha brughahaha is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,907

    Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    ?

    The problem is the ones they've infringed.
    Which ones ?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #77
    Wascurito Wascurito is offline
    Wascurito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6,287

    Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    Which ones ?
    For starters, how about not discriminating against women?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #78
    brughahaha brughahaha is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,907

    Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    For starters, how about not discriminating against women?
    In what way have they discriminated against women ? ....you dont seem to have any specific instances of how Poland is violating "inviolate principles" , or if you do could you please share them
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #79
    Wascurito Wascurito is offline
    Wascurito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    6,287

    Quote Originally Posted by brughahaha View Post
    In what way have they discriminated against women ? ....you dont seem to have any specific instances of how Poland is violating "inviolate principles" , or if you do could you please share them
    You somehow seem to have missed the link in the OP.

    And post #2.

    Here's more information.

    "Polish Law is incompatible with EU law because by introducing a different retirement age for female judges (60 years) and male judges (65 years), it discriminates against individuals on the basis of gender. This is contrary to Article 157 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) and Directive 2006/54 on gender equality in employment."

    European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Independence of the judiciary: European Commission takes second step in infringement procedure against Poland
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #80
    brughahaha brughahaha is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,907

    Quote Originally Posted by Wascurito View Post
    You somehow seem to have missed the link in the OP.

    And post #2.

    Here's more information.

    "Polish Law is incompatible with EU law because by introducing a different retirement age for female judges (60 years) and male judges (65 years), it discriminates against individuals on the basis of gender. This is contrary to Article 157 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (TFEU) and Directive 2006/54 on gender equality in employment."

    European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Independence of the judiciary: European Commission takes second step in infringement procedure against Poland
    So thats it ......thats leading to the Commission taking action to punish Poland and Ireland refusing to extradite ?

    Thats your reason for shrieking about inviolate principles ....Spain beats and assaults unarmed people committing the Heinous crime of putting an X on a Ballot paper , and then jails democratically elected leaders and prevents them from attending Parliament , no problem .....but the principles of the EU are "violated" when a women is made to retire at 60 ?


    Priceless ...and you wonder why sh!t like this is losing elections across Europe
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment