Register to Comment
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By spineless

The death of Joseph Deacy in Mayo

Joseph Deacy a 21-year-old, from St Albans in England was found with head injuries outside a house at Gortnasillagh, Swinford on Saturday 12 August 2017 by a local man out for an early morning cycle who raised the alarm. Joseph was later transferred to Beaumont Hospital, where he was pronounced dead the following day. In November two men were arrested in connection with Joseph's death but were released without charge. Joseph has a very violent death as he suffered numerous kicks to the head. On Monday, January 29 Joseph's death featured on RTE's Crimecall programme.

Its apparent to me that somebody knows who killed Joseph and why are they not coming forward. My heart goes out to his poor family on the UK.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by spineless View Post

Its apparent to me that somebody knows who killed Joseph and why are they not coming forward. My heart goes out to his poor family on the UK.
    Because maybe the only person who knows is the person that Killed him. Sad story alright , hopefully justice will be done someday.

There was a number of people at the after party in the house Joseph was staying. The locals don't want to discuss the murder. They don't seem to care as he wasn't a local lad. The local community know well who murdered Joseph but won't talk about it.

And whoever did it almost certainly has prior.

Quote Originally Posted by spineless View Post
    Joseph Deacy a 21-year-old, from St Albans in England was found with head injuries outside a house at Gortnasillagh, Swinford on Saturday 12 August 2017 by a local man out for an early morning cycle who raised the alarm. Joseph was later transferred to Beaumont Hospital, where he was pronounced dead the following day. In November two men were arrested in connection with Joseph's death but were released without charge. Joseph has a very violent death as he suffered numerous kicks to the head. On Monday, January 29 Joseph's death featured on RTE's Crimecall programme.

Feel gutted for his family and mates. He was only 21, had everything to live for. Loved Ireland by all accounts - his grandad came from Bohola in Mayo. I hope someone comes forward so the family can get some sense of justice. It's every parent's nightmare, a young, fit, healthy young man goes out to enjoy a night with friends, and never comes home. RIP

There was a piece on this on RTE's Crimecall recently, heartbreaking stuff.

St Colmcilles GAC Facebook Page:

Hello All,

We are trying to create awareness over the coming weeks as Joe Deacy's family have been in Dublin to film for RTÉ One Crimecall.

The show goes out on Monday 29th January and the aim is to get as many people to watch the show in the hope that someone somewhere may just talk.

We lost Joe, tragically, last year. He was just 21 years of age. Since then, there has been no outcome from the investigation that followed his death.

We appreciate that we are all in England, but if we can all spread the word, then someone you tell may tell someone else which may just trigger something.

It's a long shot but it is where we're at and Joe deserves a break and so does his family for some sort of peace of mind and closure.

Thank you
    https://stalbansgaa.wordpress.com/…/...ur-fri…/

Please. Anyone with information please come forward now. Don't be protecting a murderer in your community. Please try and give some comfort to his lovely family.

Quote Originally Posted by Niall996 View Post
    And whoever did it almost certainly has prior.
    They may not have. It was probably something spontaneous. Possibly a row that got out of hand.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment