Register to Comment
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree63Likes

Quote Originally Posted by stray creditor View Post
    It's a mad domestic dispute, it should never have been part of a tribunal, but not an accident it is there.
    it leaves the question of where it should have been investigated? It couldn't be the Gardaí. GSOC doesn't seem appropriate, as AGS seem to be free to ignore its requests for documentation. Also, could GSOC compel non-Garda witnesses?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Which stage of the process? The entire episode in relation to it, or just the fact that it was documented incorrectly?
    Certainly the putting of the incorrect allegation into the file. And various other fupp ups by Tusla (e.g. writing to MMcC about the incorrect allegation 18 months after they discovered the mistake). And re the Guards, nothing in the Tribunal so far shows that it was handled wrongly or badly by the Guards, in fact they discovered the mistake and told Tusla about it.

What were Harrison's original allegations, before the "mad domestic dispute" and garda participation in it?

Quote Originally Posted by Who is John Galt? View Post
    I wonder how much the Harrison module has cost the taxpayer?
    Blame the politicians for this.

Quote Originally Posted by hammer View Post
    Overly cynical.
    Overly pessimistic.
    Overly disillusioned.

So just a normal day for you.
    Ah diddums - are we still a bit sore because the Queen of FG got sacked?

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    What were Harrison's original allegations, before the "mad domestic dispute" and garda participation in it?
    Drug distribution involvement by a garda, in Athlone (2008) - subsequently arrested that same Garda for drink driving, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Toland View Post
    Some nonsense about something that apparently happened when he was in Athlone, prior to his transfer to Donegal in early 2011. Apparently, he had blotted his copybook in Athlone to the extent that many other Districts refused to take him on transfer, even as an additional officer (i.e. not a swap). Going to Donegal was to be a "fresh start" for him. Then all his misbehavior in Donegal followed, he was in trouble again.

Then Maurice McCabe came into the news around April/May 2014, and by an amazing coincidence, Harrison suddenly decided, for the first time, that whatever had happened in Athlone 6 years or more earlier needed to have the whistle blown on it.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    Drug distribution involvement by a garda, in Athlone (2008) - subsequently arrested that same Garda for drink driving, I believe.
    You believe - Harrison? I'd be wary about that.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingshop View Post
    Some nonsense about something that apparently happened when he was in Athlone, prior to his transfer to Donegal in early 2011. Apparently, he had blotted his copybook in Athlone to the extent that many other Districts refused to take him on transfer, even as an additional officer (i.e. not a swap). Going to Donegal was to be a "fresh start" for him. Then all his misbehavior in Donegal followed, he was in trouble again.

Then Maurice McCabe came into the news around April/May 2014, and by an amazing coincidence, Harrison suddenly decided, for the first time, that whatever had happened in Athlone 6 years or more earlier needed to have the whistle blown on it.
    For someone who is so concerned about due process, on the McCabe and other threads...but I guess you have got form for attributing negative motives to whistle-blowing Gardai

Quote Originally Posted by talkingshop View Post
    You believe - Harrison? I'd be wary about that.
    I believe that is what the whistle blowing is said to relate to.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment