Register to Comment
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    None, unfortunately.
    The Taoiseach said he did not want Fitz to tender her resignation.
    She has done that.
    Now the Taoiseach must be consistent and offer Fitzgerald the vacant position.

Hopefully she will accept.
    He was like in Kingpin sniffing glue in the parking lot
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Mr Flanagan was not a good Foreign Minister in my opinion. Brexit, collapse N.I executive and EU failure all happened on his watch. He is not long enough in Justice to be blamed for anything.
    I don't think he was good in Foreign affairs though.

Quote Originally Posted by redneck View Post
    Mr Flanagan was not a good Foreign Minister in my opinion. Brexit, collapse N.I executive and EU failure all happened on his watch. He is not long enough in Justice to be blamed for anything.
    Jaysus, I'm no fan but you can hardly blame him for brexit

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Except Trump was faster sacking people.

And so was Macron.

And so was May.

In Kildare street there is always a long drama before the inevitable occurs. And it damages the Taoiseach of the day.
    Yet Boris is still in place.

Roisin Shortall asked an interesting question as to why Charlie Flanagan didn't read the email to till the 20th but put out a very defensive press statement on the 13th about the issue. If he didn't read the email it seems the person who co-wrote the press statement did as its very pointed Statement by Minister Flanagan in relation to the Charleton Tribunal - The Department of Justice and Equality
    The Government is fully committed to transparency and to establishing the full facts in relation to the matters being examined by the Disclosures Tribunal, including those concerning Sgt. Maurice McCabe. We established that Tribunal of Inquiry earlier this year and ensured that it was armed with extensive and comprehensive terms of reference. The Tribunal, with Mr Justice Peter Charleton acting as Sole Member, is going about its work and must be permitted to do so without ongoing attempts to undermine it or misrepresent its powers and terms of reference. I urge people to read the Tribunal’s terms of reference which are publicly available on its website, as are its transcripts (Home - Tribunal of Inquiry into protected disclosures made under the Protected Disclosures Act 2014 and certain other matters following Resolutions:)
    The Tribunal’s terms of reference refer to contacts between members of An Garda Síochána and “any other State entities”. This clearly includes the Department of Justice and Equality. I am unclear as to why some Members of the Oireachtas are claiming that this is not the case.
    It was solely a matter for the parties to the O’Higgins Commission of Investigation to decide what legal approach to take to the work of the Commission, taking into account the legal advice available to them. In the circumstances, the Department of Justice and Equality would have had no role in determining the approach to be taken by the Garda Commissioner to the Commission in question. Accordingly, there was no question of the Department seeking to interfere in any way with, or to have any say in determining, that approach by the Garda Commissioner. And it should go without saying that it would have been entirely inappropriate for anyone to have sought to interfere in any way with the work of the Commission.

I believe that Members of the Oireachtas should be responsible in their public statements and I believe that as parliamentarians we should respect the operation of Tribunals of Inquiry. The Disclosures Tribunal was established by the Oireachtas . The Tribunal must be allowed to do its work.
    this very much covers the content of the email
    Last edited by lostexpectation; 29th November 2017 at 12:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by redneck View Post
    The North Koreans kicked off on his watch too.

Quote Originally Posted by lostexpectation View Post
    The Disclosure Tribunal asked for any relevant information to handed to it in February Opening Statement - Tribunal of Inquiry into protected disclosures made under the Protected Disclosures Act 2014 and certain other matters following Resolutions: Frances fitzgerald was Minister of Justice till June https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/France...d_(politician)

If Charlie Flanagan is handing over documents why did he not do so when Alan Kelly started asking these questions in early November.

https://www.kildarestreet.com/wrans/...iggins#g1311.q did Alan Kelly not suggest that they knew since April 2015 rather then on the day or just after.

Alan Kelly says protected disclosure saying Gardai had a strategy to go after McCabe in April 2015 http://www.rte.ie/cspodcasts/media.m...77501_232_.mp3 at 8 minutes

he wants to know what the department knew about this
    You leave our Charlie alone ye pup

Quote Originally Posted by Levellers View Post
    Poppy Flanagan has questions to answer.
    As long as he dosen't answer them like his late father Holy Oliver did when referring to trouble in the middle East, he said that the Jews and Arabs should all behave like good Christians...

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1863816/m...res-tribunal/#

Charlie is grovelling goodo in the Dáil.

Wonder will it work?

Charlie Flanagan Next

Quote Originally Posted by troll account View Post
    Yes please get Charlie oven ready
    EXACTLY! I strongly suspect that Charlie Flanagan is innocent in this particular case but I want him done anyway - for perfectly valid reasons. As I explained on Sunday -
    https://irishsalem.blogspot.ie/2017/...d-corrupt.html
    Sergeant Maurice McCabe and "Corrupt" Garda Officers

.....Meanwhile the present Minister for Justice Charlie Flanagan has accused Labour Deputy Alan Kelly of carrying out a "smear campaign" against himself. This allegation is rich considering Flanagan's own previous behaviour - as detailed in this blog. However there is little doubt that IF Leo Varadkar is forced to drop Fitzgerald, then Charlie Flanagan will become the next target for political liquidation!

It should be noted that in 2009 the then TD Charlie Flanagan slandered Nora Wall in a speech to Dail Eireann (Irish Parliament). Similarly, prior to becoming Minister for Justice Alan Shatter had thrown his weight behind an allegation that the Catholic Church was implicated in the murder of a 10 year old girl in 1970. AND only a few months ago, both Leo Varadkar and Frances Fitzgerald had placed themselves at the head of the mob that slandered journalist Kevin Myers by describing him as a Anti-Semite and a Misogynist!

As the old saying goes - Curses are like chickens: they always come home to roost!....

And after Charlie goes, there's only Leo left!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment