Register to Comment
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Quote Originally Posted by wombat View Post
    I have yet to be persuaded how having the fat village cop stumbling out of the pub after closing time helps control crime.
    The gardai didn't drink at night time in the old days but a sergeant might pop in for one or two very occasionally in daytime off duty. They knew that their presence would intimidate customers if they overstayed their welcome.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Patslatt1 View Post
    The gardai didn't drink at night time in the old days but a sergeant might pop in for one or two very occasionally in daytime off duty. They knew that their presence would intimidate customers if they overstayed their welcome.
    Seems to be little interest in reopening garda stations.

Seems to be little interest in reopening garda stations.
    the government has ************************ all interest in anything thats not in dublin mate....

Quote Originally Posted by Dedogs View Post
    the government has ************************ all interest in anything thats not in dublin mate....
    Just elevated Coveney from Cork to Tanaiste and appointed a Cork woman TD to cabinet minister.

Just elevated Coveney from Cork to Tanaiste and appointed a Cork woman TD to cabinet minister.
    gender quota ministers arent the same as real ministers....

Quote Originally Posted by Dedogs View Post
    gender quota ministers arent the same as real ministers....
    I can understand it in politics where most ministerial posts are window dressing except for traditional ministries, but I can't understand how our great poet Patrick Cavanagh was bumped from secondary school curriculums for it. The latter shows an extreme political correctness and poor aesthetic sensibility among the education bureaucrats.

I can understand it in politics where most ministerial posts are window dressing except for traditional ministries, but I can't understand how our great poet Patrick Cavanagh was bumped from secondary school curriculums for it. The latter shows an extreme political correctness and poor aesthetic sensibility among the education bureaucrats.
    poetrys a waste of time in fairness they should be teaching stuff lads can use for jobs!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment