Register to Comment
Page 827 of 831 FirstFirst ... 327727777817825826827828829 ... LastLast
Results 8,261 to 8,270 of 8310
Like Tree8588Likes

the Taoiseach In fact, the term "legal strategy" is not used in the email. Dáil Éireann - 06/Dec/2017 Cabinet Committee Membership (Continued) *roll eyes*

I conveyed information to the House in good faith and used the phrase "cross-examination" as it was contained in the briefing note I had been given by the Department of Justice and Equality to assist me in giving my answers. However, this was an error and the note should have referred to "exchanges between counsel", which I understand happened during the opening statements of the commission. There is no question of my having deliberately misinformed the House. However, I apologise for inadvertently doing so.
    Dáil Éireann - 06/Dec/2017 Cabinet Committee Membership (Continued)

DOJ very inexact then
    Last edited by lostexpectation; 7th December 2017 at 12:17 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Deputy Alan Kelly: I thank the Taoiseach for the reply and correcting the record. It was an important point.

There is an element of denial about what is going on. I spent a period of time at the Joint Committee on Justice and Equality this morning and genuinely ask the Taoiseach to ask his colleagues, Deputy Colm Brophy and Senator Martin Conway, who made good contributions about what happened. It was extraordinary. Given everything that has gone on and the information we have received through persistent questioning and with help from the media, we still have departmental officials coming to the committee to state the Department provided the information that it had been requested to provide during discovery. That is it - nothing has changed. The meeting was deeply worrying. I asked a specific question. I asked if private email addresses that potentially had been used by senior officials for departmental business and mobile phone records had been provided for the tribunal. The answer was that they had not been asked for them. I had to ask the officials to ask Mr. Justice Charleton if he wanted this information. Is that not crazy? Has anything changed? We were also told that the information provided had been provided based on the questions asked and that there might be other documentation available. In effect, they are acting as judge and jury and as a filtering system in providing information for the Charleton tribunal. The trawl has not changed anything. The culture has not changed.
    DOJ not asked don't tell http://oireachtasdebates.oireachtas....6?opendocument

Tomorrow's Examiner reporting that the email trawl to disclose to the Charleton Tribunal did not include the emails of Fitzgerald or her advisors. Ivan Yates says "it shows utter contempt for the Charleton Tribunal".

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    Tomorrow's Examiner reporting that the email trawl to disclose to the Charleton Tribunal did not include the emails of Fitzgerald or her advisors. Ivan Yates says "it shows utter contempt for the Charleton Tribunal".
    One of the DOJ whistleblowers has stated that Fitzgerald discussed the emails with her advisors. The whistleblower was party to the discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post

Email trawl for tribunal omitted minister | Irish Examiner

While the email accounts of the then tánaiste and minister for justice and equality and her advisers were not specifically examined as part of the recent trawl for documents, I can confirm that the email accounts of officials working in relevant areas of the department were searched and that this exercise would, of course, encompass emails sent from or to the then minister and her advisers on any such matters
    the full pq Dáil Éireann - 05/Dec/2017 Written Answers Nos. 260-272

has she forgot her password?
    Last edited by lostexpectation; 7th December 2017 at 01:43 AM.

Hmmmm

Check out @wallacemick’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/wallacemick/stat...059778048?s=09

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    Hmmmm

Check out @wallacemick’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/wallacemick/stat...059778048?s=09
    Wow. That is serious.

NOS was using a seperate email account ( to her official one ).

One wonders what was she hiding.

Things have gotten even worse for Frances Fitzgerald.

Maybe people were sending emails to NOS.....but she was not reading them either.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    Wow. That is serious.

NOS was using a seperate email account ( to her official one ).

One wonders what was she hiding.

Things have gotten even worse for Frances Fitzgerald.

Maybe people were sending emails to NOS.....but she was not reading them either.
    The galling thing is they'll use that, the adult equivalent of the dog ate my home work.

This debacle is going to blow up in the faces of Varadkar and Coveney.

All those defence statements about Fitzgerald will sound really misinformed and stupid.

FG meltdown in sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    This debacle is going to blow up in the faces of Varadkar and Coveney.

All those defence statements about Fitzgerald will sound really misinformed and stupid.

FG meltdown in sight.
    dont bet your christmas bonus on that foolishness

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment