Register to Comment
Page 729 of 831 FirstFirst ... 229629679719727728729730731739779829 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,290 of 8310
Like Tree8588Likes
  1. #7281
    JoanBRUTAL JoanBRUTAL is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    426

    Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    She might have lied? Seriously, that's it?

    All politicians "lie" or have selective recollection. It is part of their job description. If their lips are moving, they're lying.

    Partisan lunatics claim that a corrupt Fitzgerald hatched up a plot with O'Sullivan to suggest that McCabe was a kiddie fiddler. You appear to be in that camp.

    We don't permit torch-carrying lynch mobs to set up kangaroo courts.

    There's a good reason for that.
    Again your twisting the facts , the alleged and unfounded kiddie fiddling as you call it was never brought up , probably down to MMCs counsel arguing that when it was investigated it was found to be unfounded , so unless you are hurt because false evidence wasn't allowed you really are full of it , they where planning on bringing up the good auld meeting in mullingar , but the tape scuppered that too, what a shame
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #7282
    constitutionus constitutionus is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    31,318

    Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    A Dick you say?
    could be chick with dick .

    that'd tick off a few boxes for the SJW types.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #7283
    Rural Rural is offline
    Rural's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    29,090

    Quote Originally Posted by RodShaft View Post
    I never knew you had a Hairy Mickey Rurs. I like you even more
    ;-)
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #7284
    Hewson Hewson is offline
    Hewson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    10,124

    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsReasonable View Post
    Any sane person would think so, wouldn't they. But it appears the AG told the cabinet otherwise this morning
    This is being spun to sound like Fitzgerald would have been acting illegally if she had phoned Noirin O'Sullivan to say that what she and her team were up to was neither ethical (moral) nor legal.

    Think about what the cops, right up to Commissioner level, were up to. They weren't planning to smear McCabe with allegations of tax dodging or shoplifting. They were going for the nuclear option to utterly destroy an innocent man's reputation with an allegation of paedolphilia, the worst sin in the public's book. That Fitzgerald had wind of this and chose not to stamp on it straight away is a damning indictment of her judgment.

    That both she and Varadker took this right down to the wire reflects poorly on both of them. The perception now is that egos weigh more heavily than political responsibilities with many Fine Gael politicians, though maybe nobody should be surprised.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #7285
    Malbekh Malbekh is offline
    Malbekh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    6,409

    Quote Originally Posted by Volatire View Post
    She might have lied? Seriously, that's it?

    All politicians "lie" or have selective recollection. It is part of their job description. If their lips are moving, they're lying.

    Partisan lunatics claim that a corrupt Fitzgerald hatched up a plot with O'Sullivan to suggest that McCabe was a kiddie fiddler. You appear to be in that camp.

    We don't permit torch-carrying lynch mobs to set up kangaroo courts.

    There's a good reason for that.
    You are of course entitled your opinion. But the facts show your opinion is wrong. She is no longer in government because her position was untenable. No kangaroos or mobs were required, because she did it all by herself.

    PS. You can't lie to the Taoiseach and make him an unwitting liar in the process. How any times have they changed the record of the Dáil at this stage?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #7286
    tipofdiceberg tipofdiceberg is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    8,139

    Quote Originally Posted by former wesleyan View Post
    If Fitzgerald had emailed or called O'Sullivan or her legal team to express her displeasure at the legal strategy being taken we'd now be demanding her head on a platter for interfering in the tribunal.
    FYI; had she emailed or called O'Sullivan she would not have broken the law. Read the Sundays for verification
    Yous were all denying there was a false "Legal" strategy not too long back, now that the proof is there for everyone to see yis are refusing to see that she and her Department
    did interfere in the Tribunal by withholding documents.
    Last edited by tipofdiceberg; 28th November 2017 at 06:18 PM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #7287
    JoanBRUTAL JoanBRUTAL is offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    426

    This now throws doubt over every ongoing tribunal and previous tribunals , did they receive all the evidence , some of the evidence , or just the evidence of the governments choosing, shouldn't be too hard to find , the last misplaced evidence didn't go too far
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #7288
    Sailor Sailor is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    57,583

    Quote Originally Posted by Hewson View Post
    This is being spun to sound like Fitzgerald would have been acting illegally if she had phoned Noirin O'Sullivan to say that what she and her team were up to was neither ethical (moral) nor legal.

    Think about what the cops, right up to Commissioner level, were up to. They weren't planning to smear McCabe with allegations of tax dodging or shoplifting. They were going for the nuclear option to utterly destroy an innocent man's reputation with an allegation of paedolphilia, the worst sin in the public's book. That Fitzgerald had wind of this and chose not to stamp on it straight away is a damning indictment of her judgment.

    That both she and Varadker took this right down to the wire reflects poorly on both of them. The perception now is that egos weigh more heavily than political responsibilities with many Fine Gael politicians, though maybe nobody should be surprised.
    The GS strategy was not to smear McCabe with an allegation of paedophilia, it was to question if his motivation as a whistleblower was informed by either the accusation or the manner of its investigation. What would be the benefit to the GS to attempt such a smear? We're not talking here about a jury trial, but a Commission of Investigation, at which incidentally he was represented by one of the country's best barristers.
    And to challenge the motivation of a witness, any and all witnesses, is a perfectly valid strategy, if not indeed a duty of any investigation.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #7289
    brughahaha brughahaha is offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    14,796

    Eoin Murphy (on drivetime) still in full denial that Fitzgerald knew the Garda Commissioners strategy ..and still claiming she could do nothing ...the level of delusion is astonishing ....

    They still think they can brazen this out and deny anything ...and he's being utterly filleted as a result

    Next opinion poll should be interesting because I don't know how any one can support such an obviously incompetent and incapable administration
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #7290
    HarshBuzz HarshBuzz is offline
    HarshBuzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,503

    Hard to find any winners in this sorry tale.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment