Register to Comment
Page 53 of 831 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103153553 ... LastLast
Like Tree8588Likes

Quote Originally Posted by greengoose2 View Post
    Like the Morris Tribunal?
    And the Moriarty Tribunal whose conclusions have been rejected by the same FFG and Labour
    Oh, and by the DPP itself
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    Right so, you know what happened so what don't you tell us Sailor? This can all be readily solved by those involved informing us what actually happened.

And do you not think it exceedingly odd that this email was not forwarded to Charlton (not this week like the papers are saying) but when Charlton last year asked for all relevant information.
    There is always more than the one mouse you see in the kitchen. How many more relevant documents were with-held?

Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    Is the following possible:

A) McCabe yesterday phoned MM to say the legal argument between his counsel was not about sex abuse allegations. (Criminal complaint) Now he would know that. He was there. That it was about the lies Supt Cunnngham & Yvonne were prepared to state about the meeting he had with the pair of them.

Which he had recorded. Proving they were liars. Which subsequently had to be dropped by Noreen's team. As it was going to be used to say he had a grudge, when he didn't. That was about his integrity.

Which oddly doesn't appear in the Higgins report.

Despite it being so big a deal that Higgins insisted Noreen's barrister confirm his instructions.

B) McCabe didn't know about the resurfaced (on purpose, Tusla, the girl, Garda reporter Paul Williams, noreen's son) sex allegation. That was later, wasn't it. Dates anyone.

C) Clearly on that date in 2015 Noreen, her legal team, the Garda team, the AG, Dept of Justice and Francis all know about the 'new' sexual abuse case, but did McCabe know. And who was actually in dispute. It can't be McCabes counsel.

Maybe I'm overthinking this.
    Were the Garda officers who interviewed Mc Cabe disciplined in the light of Mc Cabes tape of the interview that was produced at the tribunal.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry94. View Post
    Given the political significance of the case you would expect a Minister for a Justice to be all over every aspect of it even out of pure political self-interest. The impression this controversy gives is of a lazy Minister rather than a corrupt one. Iíd image Leo is privately furious and wonít do much to save her if FF decide to take her out.

My guess is that FF wonít do it. It would require deciceveness and thatís not a quality Michael Martin has. Itís why he would be a terrible Taoiseach.
    I would suggest an incompetent Minister and I wouldn't bet that Martin wouldnt make this a red line issue and that the Taoiseach would wield the knife

Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    It's 'Jerry McCabe' actually, if you're going to drag a dead copper through your dirt at least spell his name correctly.

But, go, name names there.......big man.
    Quote Originally Posted by artfoley56 View Post
    jerry, as in Jeremiah. If you're going to drag up his corpse in a pathetic attempt at point scoring on the internet, at least have the decency to spell his name correctly.
    I might have spelt his name incorrectly, but at least I don't support his murderers.

Quote Originally Posted by loner View Post
    Were the Garda officers who interviewed Mc Cabe disciplined in the light of Mc Cabes tape of the interview that was produced at the tribunal.
    As the Dun'believables would say "A jaes lads we can't be doing that" promoted more like, slap them on the wrist and they might tell all and sundry what was the real motive and who motivated them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sailor View Post
    Better that 100 guilty men walk free than that one innocent man should hang - though I'm not always sure if that is a view that is widely shared by the illustrious company of P.ie!
    When there's an ever growing stench of corruption or incompetence around an influential public servant I'd say there's and argument for that public representative to "step aside pending the facts.

I might have spelt his name incorrectly, but at least I don't support his murderers.
    Who in Sinn Fein murdered Jerry McCabe?

You made the claim, in post 497, now back it up.

Name names.....big man......

Heh Heh!

are you suggesting that Maurice McCabe murdered him? Because that's who I'm supporting here

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    When there's an ever growing stench of corruption or incompetence around an influential public servant I'd say there's and argument for that public representative to "step aside pending the facts.
    If the evidence is that compelling they should go, end of story. But "stepping aside" suggests a sort of semi-guilty status and I would not tend to favour it.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment