Register to Comment
Page 329 of 831 FirstFirst ... 229279319327328329330331339379429829 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,290 of 8310
Like Tree8588Likes

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    No, I've answered them all to my satisfaction and I have a limited time for repeating myself.
    We will just have to agree to disagree on this one, while acknowledging that I'm probably right.

On balance.
    Well you didn't answer the central question about what is this political price that FF would had have to pay for abstaining on an SF MNC (given that they are in a confidence and supply arrangement), and taking a more moderate line like the Labour Party, but never mind...
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Quote Originally Posted by Nipper View Post
    If I was acting in my professional capacity and getting paid

Yes
    You would then place legal advice based on politics above the strict legal advice from your trained legal advisors.
    Then why on earth bother having legal advisors?
    There is no logic or rationale to such a strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by The Field Marshal View Post
    Perhaps.
    But fixed lines in the sand are drawn and trust is gone.
    It's only a matter of weeks one way or another to a GE.
    It is FF,s doing entirely.
    Quite bizarre for a normally well tuned in party.
    Yeah, it is bizarre. Maybe they have decided they are ready to in with Sinn Féin, or form a minority government supported by Sinn Féin and others.

Quote Originally Posted by talkingshop View Post
    Exactly. If they wanted to flex some political muscle they could have done it on a real issue, not a trumped up one. They could have taken exception to some government policy they disagree with - demanded that the Programme for Government be amended for example. But there was no wrong doing here.

I think Fitzgerald will resign - FF are insisting she go as the price of their continued support, and the last thing we need now is another election, with months of haggling and discussion about the formation of a new government, as happened in 2016. Genuinely, in the national interest, I think she will have to resign if FF won't back down (and they won't) unless some fudge or compromise can be reached.
    Fg may tough it out as there’s an election coming soon anyway.

Varadker might not want to lose his fg base by sacrificing Fitzgerald

Quote Originally Posted by talkingshop View Post
    Well you didn't answer the central question about what is this political price that FF would had have to pay for abstaining on an SF MNC (given that they are in a confidence and supply arrangement), and taking a more moderate line like the Labour Party, but never mind...
    "A more moderate line like the Labour party" the Labour party? Brilliant FN brilliant.

Why am i hearing everyone saying nobody wants an election when every body rely does want an election because its going to be great crack watching politicians freezing or wet or both out canvasing, even the political hacks on tv and radio are saying they dont want an election and they live for elections and political turmoil, whats wrong with these people?

Quote Originally Posted by carlovian View Post

I think Fitzgerald will probably resign herself, Leo will reluctantly accept it, and I'm not sure that he will lose any FG votes over this.

Quote Originally Posted by carlovian View Post

Right now it's 50% probability whether FG will lead the next government.

Based on their track record of mediocrity and the probable buzz about a Dublin/female/non-combatant leader of SF in 6+ months it'd be more like 25% probability. There's no solution for healthcare, housing or justice on the horizon and Brexit has the potential to bring us right back to 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by *EPIC SUCCESS* View Post
    I think we can fully say with all confidence that FG are not and most likely never have been a party for 'Law & Order'. Looking at Barry Walsh, they cannot even do courteous or dignified, looking at Fitzgerald, they cannot do truth, looking at Varadkar, they cannot even talk without an expensive spin machine.

But they will survive, so long as Martin is willing to snipe away, so long as we have buffoons like Ross and Halligan and co only too willing to cling by their bloody finger nails to their ministerial briefs, they will survive.

The next time I hear some gobdaw talking about how we are too harsh on politicians I shall tell them, in my most polite tone to do one.

They do not deserve anything but utter cynicism and derision at this stage.

Fitzgerald is a liar and if she had any decency she would voluntarily retire.

Someone should introduce her to McCabes family and ask her would she like to say anything to them, like, perhaps, sorry?

She won't though, because she is morally corrupt and a liar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disillusioned democrat View Post
    FG are the party that hide behind "Law and Order" - they have pretty much given the Gardai carte blanche..early pay rises, ignored gross abuses of power, ignored embezzlement, ignored the penalty points scandal, ignored the 2m fake breath tests, etc., etc.

Meanwhile FG have used the Gardai to gather information on opposition TDs, enforce the installation of useless water meters and have even used the cops as muscle for hire to put the frighteners on bloggers.

Many of us may well tut tut and scoff when you see Robert Mugabe's corrupt regime in Zimbabwe, but sometimes there's a hint of ZANU-FFG from our own lads.
    Having read today that AGS put a halt to an investigation into FRAUD at the Department of Justice I am wondering whether a deal was done. Drop the fraud investigation in exchange for DOJ support in the McCabe smear campaign. Just a thought because something stinks.

Twitter
    @

Ironic when the AGS are themselves under investigation in relation to issues which could well turn out to be financial fraud.

No doubt they'll be relying on Irish politicians to try and make representations to OLAF, the European anti-fraud body.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment