Register to Comment
Page 103 of 831 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153203603 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,030 of 8310
Like Tree8588Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Dame_Enda View Post
    She is only in the Cabinet because she has the support of the hardline feminists who supported the Swedish model, and because the Enda reportedly wanted her to succeed him.
    She also had support from the DOBlin media. Even on the previous page somebody referencing The "Irish" "Independent" blaming the civil service for ministerial incompetence.

Well I know a civil servant who alerted me to the fact that Fitzgerald was highly superficial and out if her depth. The fact is that she was too clueless to understand a lot of what is going on.

But did fulfil one important objective.

A safe 'pair of hands' who did zero about the findings of the Moriarty Tribunal.

The public deserve better.
    Last edited by Analyzer; 23rd November 2017 at 09:31 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

FG have have a toxic symbiotic relationship with AGS and Flanagan, with a track record of mediocrity and an underwhelming list of achievements to his over-long career is not the man for the job.

Based on how reluctant FF and FG have been to tackle the Gardai I suspect (and it's just an opinion) that AGS have nice fat files on many politicians that they use to make sure they're not interfered with.

This would be completely unacceptable, but it does seem to be the case - luxurious retirements, with additional years and a fine sinecure seem to be the height of the punishment the government can come up with to address corruption at the top of AGS.

Quote Originally Posted by bokuden View Post
    As I've said earier: If that's true, then the tribunal investigating the framing/smearing of mccabe is pointless. We know that information is being/was withheld.
    Flawed right from the start.

I agree DD.

Fitzgerald was spectacularly inept.

Flanagan is also simply out if his depth. He struggled in the DoFA. The best he could manage were PR stunts that backfired. It looked great if you read the "Irish" "Independent". Or listened Noosetalk or Tiday FM.

In reality it was a lot of clueless fumbling by somrbody who struggled.

LV is a the centre of chaos.

The action that proves to me that Fitzgerald knew full well what was going on is the withholding of this email from the Charlton commission. She knew the damage it would do.

Quote Originally Posted by tipofdiceberg View Post
    Her fingernails have damaged FF's Mickey and Leo.
    You need to understand that you wishing something to be so, doesn't actually make it so.

Leo isn't coming out of it looking great and I imagine that suits FF just fine.

The reason BTW that SF haven't gone ahead with a motion of no confidence as yet is that in the circumstances they're afraid FF might have to support it, preferring as they always do, the gesture without the consequences.

Quote Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
    I agree DD.

Fitzgerald was spectacularly inept.

Flanagan is also simply out if his depth. He struggled in the DoFA. The best he could manage were PR stunts that backfired. It looked great if you read the "Irish" "Independent". Or listened Noosetalk or Tiday FM.

In reality it was a lot of clueless fumbling by somrbody who struggled.

LV is a the centre of chaos.
    I think Flanagan was quite good at the DoFA. What were his major sins, in your humble?

Quote Originally Posted by cannotthinkofone View Post
    Flawed right from the start.
    Varadkar should have realised that the issue that had brought down his predecessor had to be dealt with. He should have appointed new faces and ordered a full review of the DOJ from the beginning. Instead he went on photo ops about socks and bromances with justin trudeau. He's now fatally compromised.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post
    You need to understand that you wishing something to be so, doesn't actually make it so.

The reason BTW that SF haven't gone ahead with a motion of no confidence as yet is that in the circumstances they're afraid FF might have to support it, preferring as they always do, the gesture without the consequences.
    Neither the shinners nor the effers want a GE just yet.

Quote Originally Posted by tonic View Post

I think you mentioned a concept that defines the essence of Meehaul Martin.

Of course, we might find out otherwise today. But I am sceptical.

The DOBlin media will not challenge Fitzgerald. Fitzgerald was specacularly inept. And Dinnymedia deflected for her repeatedly. She ruled the DoJ through a series of hollow pr stunts. It was chaos. And now Dinnymedia will blame the DoJ.

Once this calms down they will go on an all out offendive against AK47's LP leadership ambitions and SF for asking taking a firm line on Fitzgerald.

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment