Register to Comment
Page 102 of 831 FirstFirst ... 25292100101102103104112152202602 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 8310
Like Tree8588Likes
  1. #1011
    cannotthinkofone cannotthinkofone is offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    140

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    McCabe thinks the email is untrue. If that is so, why does it exist. It's source is from the tribunal. But if the content is not true, who was it designed to fool. The Minister?

    Sounds far fetched. But if the Garda could 'create' a false Tusla file, and more, then could they create an untrue email.

    I said GUBU yesterday. I think we just might be there.
    Take look at the indo this morning:

    "The development raises serious questions for management in the Department of Justice, who left the Taoiseach "blindsided"."

    I posted back at the start of the thread that I pity the Ministers because they depend of the same people who have been there for decades to provide them with the right information, and invariably, they get caught short.

    The system is just so broken, it's worse then you could even imagine.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  2. #1012
    greengoose2 greengoose2 is offline

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    28,331

    Quote Originally Posted by ShoutingIsLeadership View Post
    The AG said that it was all above board
    Is the AG above board?
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  3. #1013
    bokuden bokuden is offline
    bokuden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,144

    Quote Originally Posted by TheWolf View Post
    Someone's going under the bus.......
    Varadkar is an impulsive individual so I can't see him letting this drag on like the accidental taoiseach, kenny, did....
    He's let it go on far too long already. He's arrogant, but he's thick.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  4. #1014
    bokuden bokuden is offline
    bokuden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,144

    Quote Originally Posted by cannotthinkofone View Post
    Take look at the indo this morning:

    "The development raises serious questions for management in the Department of Justice, who left the Taoiseach "blindsided"."

    I posted back at the start of the thread that I pity the Ministers because they depend of the same people who have been there for decades to provide them with the right information, and invariably, they get caught short.

    The system is just so broken, it's worse then you could even imagine.
    As I've said earier: If that's true, then the tribunal investigating the framing/smearing of mccabe is pointless. We know that information is being/was withheld.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  5. #1015
    Toland Toland is offline
    Toland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    72,335

    Miriam Lord is suggesting Leo wants to sack FitzGerald

    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/poli...rink-1.3301613

    He should. And fairly lively. She misjudged this one pretty badly over a long period of time and seems to have misled both the Dail and Varadkar himself several times. Her sacking could even be positive: it could send out a salutory signal to the Guards that the age of indiscipline, incompetence and the wink and the nod are over.

    And there should be no delay in naming a new Commissioner from outside the force, and outside the Irish legal establishment.
    Last edited by Toland; 23rd November 2017 at 08:35 AM.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  6. #1016
    bokuden bokuden is offline
    bokuden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8,144

    Surely this also brings into question charlie flanagan's role as current MOJ.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  7. #1017
    SayItAintSo SayItAintSo is offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    10,961

    I would think so. If he knew Varadkar did not have all the infomation he needed to give an accurate statement to the Dail, then imo his position is untenable.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  8. #1018
    Toland Toland is offline
    Toland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    72,335

    Quote Originally Posted by SayItAintSo View Post
    I would think so. If he knew Varadkar did not have all the infomation he needed to give an accurate statement to the Dail, then imo his position is untenable.
    I think he at the very least needs to move some arses around in a very public manner in the Department.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  9. #1019
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42,866

    Quote Originally Posted by bokuden View Post
    Surely this also brings into question charlie flanagan's role as current MOJ.
    Well the big question in my mind is " what is Flanagan doing about the mess in AGS ?"

    I don't see any evidence that he is doing anything.

    He has stayed silent in this debacle.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

  10. #1020
    Analyzer Analyzer is offline
    Analyzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    42,866

    Quote Originally Posted by Emily Davison View Post
    McCabe thinks the email is untrue. If that is so, why does it exist. It's source is from the tribunal. But if the content is not true, who was it designed to fool. The Minister?

    Sounds far fetched. But if the Garda could 'create' a false Tusla file, and more, then could they create an untrue email.

    I said GUBU yesterday. I think we just might be there.
    The Morris Tribunal showed the gardai could do loads of things.

    Except fight crime and serve the people as the people expect.
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment