Register to Comment
Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Like Tree417Likes

Quote Originally Posted by eoghanacht View Post
    The sympathy for the paedo brigade are up at it early this morning.
    perhaps even you might consider waiting until after a trial before you brand anyone , stupid
    Sign in or Register Now to reply

At a loss to explain the lack of a name too. Now he's arrested.

Only explanation I can think of is"looking after our own "

Least it's being covered now.

Quote Originally Posted by dundealing View Post
    perhaps even you might consider waiting until after a trial before you brand anyone , stupid
    Here is one now.

Quote Originally Posted by dundealing View Post
    Was he not caught red handed?

The Secret Producer Twitter account has been quiet lately..

Quote Originally Posted by Hillmanhunter1 View Post
    The Irish Independent reports:
    https://www.independent.ie/irish-new...-36334309.html

And the Irish Times:
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crim...girl-1.3297896

But neither paper names the person concerned. The Irish Mirror does name the person:
    RTE producer charged with 'attempting to engage or incite sexual activity with a girl under 16' - Irish Mirror Online

Can anyone explain why this is so?
    Isn't this standard when minors are involved and the case is before the courts? When it's over and if found guilty, names are then released. I could be wrong but I think that's how it works. What if the accused is innocent? I believe this case is fairly open and shut but the rules are there for good reason. Imagine if it was you and you were falsely accused.

Tell that to cliff richard.

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    Isn't this standard when minors are involved and the case is before the courts? When it's over and if found guilty, names are then released. I could be wrong but I think that's how it works. What if the accused is innocent? I believe this case is fairly open and shut but the rules are there for good reason. Imagine if it was you and you were falsely accused.
    Forgive me for being pedantic, but what is the "standard"? Where is it written down? Is it voluntary or enforced?

Also, there were no minors involved - even if the accused thought that he was interacting with a minor.

Finally, why does the "what if the accused is innocent" argument carry weight. Do we have to wait until sentence is passed and all appeal options are exhausted before those brought before the courts can be named?

Quote Originally Posted by Watcher2 View Post
    Yes indeed. just imagine!

He was caught fair and square. Not much wriggle room for him in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry94. View Post
    The tabloids do what they can get away with but the broadsheets like to pretend to have a sense of responsibility. Cynicism aside itís probably a tough call. Its good that he has been exposed but vigilanteism is very dangerous. Iím not sure how he can he charged given there was no victim. His punishment will be having his life and career destroyed. Is that justice? I donít know.
    Could the charge be "attempted"? Eitherway, that vigilante group have a lot to answer. There has been an accusation that they accused another of similar acts and the accused committed suicide as a result. There also appears to be a question mark over his actual guilt. These idiot groups need to be charged and disbanded before they cause more damage. If a guy is guilty of this shyte but gets off on some crazy technicality, I'd almost advocate taking the law into my own hands, like if it was one of my children, but that is not the situation here.

Some people seem to think all these allegations are fine to be tried by the townspeople of Springfield.

Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Sign in to CommentRegister to Comment